Winchester Model 70 Safari Express .416

Wesley

Reaction score
I’ll start by saying I’m new here, actually this is one of my first posts. I have been lurking for a while, however. African hunting is something that interests me, particularly the guns, but I’m not likely to make a trip anytime in the near future either. Too many other irons in the fire…..
Anyway, I bought this very nice Winchester Safari Express a while back to play with, but I’m ready to pass it on now. I haven’t shot it very much…too expensive lol.

It’s got a Swarovski 1.25-4x scope, Talley QD mounts, and a nice leather sling. A pretty good setup for DG from what I understand. This is a New Haven made Winchester, not one of the Portugal guns.

I didn’t buy it new, but I don’t think it was shot much by the prior owner either. Really the only flaws are a scuff of some type on the left side of the reciever near the wood, and a ding in the wood at the tip of the comb. Both are visible in the pics.

Price is $2,700.00 (USPS money order) shipped for the package. All Federal/state/local laws apply, and of course gun would need to be shipped to your FFL. I live in southeast Oklahoma, if you are also an Oklahoma resident we could do a face to face deal.

If you want to meet me to check it out or want to call me to ask more questions or get more pictures just shoot me a message. Sweet rifle, someone needs to take it to Africa! Really doesn’t kick all that bad either, the setup weighs in at 10.6 pounds and the factory recoil pad is pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_0203.jpeg
    IMG_0203.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0205.jpeg
    IMG_0205.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0209.jpeg
    IMG_0209.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0211.jpeg
    IMG_0211.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0206.jpeg
    IMG_0206.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0217.jpeg
    IMG_0217.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0213.jpeg
    IMG_0213.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0208.jpeg
    IMG_0208.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 74
This is the exact set up (.375) that we use as rental rifles, Sweet shooting rifles.

Lon

It’s a 416 Remington Magnum. Quite an important omission lol. Sorry about that.

Also, that price is for the lower 48. If someone in Alaska or Hawaii wanted it then I’d have to check, it might be a little extra shipping, not sure. Not for sale outside the U.S.

It’s a 416 Remington Magnum. Quite an important omission lol. Sorry about that.

Also, that price is for the lower 48. If someone in Alaska or Hawaii wanted it then I’d have to check, it might be a little extra shipping, not sure. Not for sale outside the U.S
Looks like a good deal and is ready to hunt!

I have the same rifle and mounts, mine has a Trijicon scope.

I think it a great set up for clients to hunt anything in africa. So far I’ve used mine for buffalo, zebra and kudu.

Good luck with your sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.