Winchester Model 70 Pre 1964 - 458 win mag Super grade - what is it worth ?

Odinsraven

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Membe,Icelandic Hunting Club SKOTVIS , BASC (UK) Countryside Alliance (UK)r
Hunted
UK ,Ireland, Bulgaria,Iceland,Czech Republic
Hi Guys been offered one - and wondering what it is worth - valuing it for an estate - (Widow)

Anyhow your thoughts would be appreciated

Stephen

Pics would be nice.

Along with a detailed description on any character marks/ flaws found. i.e. Nick's, dings, dents, cracks, splits, rust, pits, bare metal/ bluing tight or loose action, etc.

Pics would be nice.

Along with a detailed description on any character marks/ flaws found. i.e. Nick's, dings, dents, cracks, splits, rust, pits, bare metal/ bluing tight or loose action, etc.
See below - photos

See below - photos
1.jpg

2.jpg

Nice looking rifle.
Does appear to have a few minor scuff marks that could be used to ask for a little off the asking price. Same for the barrel sling mount not being a band. A bit of nit picking.

Some details of the scope would help. Might be, or have been, a good scope. Could add a bit of value, or no added value.

If you are going to buy it for your own use and are good friends with the widow check the Blue Book of Guns and negotiate a fair deal. Otherwise if you were going to resale it, 40%-50% Blue Book Value would be fair, for a reasonable profit margin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yosemitebam

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg