Winchester Model 70 LW Super Grade - 7x57 2014 SHOT Show Special

Deep Six

Reaction score
Up for sale is a Winchester Model 70 Lightweight Super Grade, a 2014 SHOT Show Special. This exceptional rifle is a perfect addition to any collection or for the avid hunter seeking superior performance and craftsmanship. I have thought about this long and hard, since it is a rifle I will probably never find again and I am the original owner, but it is time to let her go to a good home that will use her as she was meant to be used.

-Caliber: 7x57 Mauser
-Barrel Length: 22 inches
-Sights: Drilled and tapped for scope mounts, Leupold Rings/Bases, Zeiss Conquest 4x32 Scope Z-Plex (has a couple of spots on the glass, but otherwise perfect.)
-Condition: Like new, meticulously maintained with very few rounds fired. Less than a box through it! Scope rings were lapped and leveled, everything sighted in at 100 yards, and then she was put away in the safe.
-Unique Characteristics: This rifle is a limited edition, produced as part of the 2014 SHOT Show Special series, making it a rare find. I've been told by Winchester and have also read in other posts scattered across the internet that the run made for Cabela's was 250, however the one for SHOT Show was limited to 150 or less. It was a one and done deal and 10 years later, nothing similar has ever been made. The scope is also no longer in production.

$4000 w/ everything OBO, let's make a deal!

Contact Information: PM me! I'm in South Texas.

For more details or to arrange a viewing, please reach out. I can provide more photos upon request. Will come with a couple of boxes of ammo as well!

Thanks for looking!
photo_2024-07-20_18-06-02.jpg

Beautiful!

I love mine which is the Cabelas run. Good luck with sale. Since you’re a new member it might not be easy.
I have never seen one of those in person since we don't have any Cabelas in this part of the country, but I was always a fan of them as well.

I figure being a new member may make people a little apprehensive, but I can work the deal however they think is best and safest. Escrow, etc. is fine with me and it would ship from my local FFL. As far as the price, I didn't know where to start, so I just based it off the last one I had seen up and added the scope value. I am open to offers however.

I can do zoom video calls, etc. to show the rifle. I've owned her for a long time, so I have no issues showing her off.

IMG_0278.JPG

First beautiful rifle in every way! I bought a similar one this year from an AH member although to be clear not a made special for shot show rifle. My wood is almost identical. I paid $2300. I only offer this for perspective. GLWS!!!

First beautiful rifle in every way! I bought a similar one this year from an AH member although to be clear not a made special for shot show rifle. My wood is almost identical. I paid $2300. I only offer this for perspective. GLWS!!!
Good to know! I'm not sure how much of a premium I would put on it being slightly more rare (150 made vs 250 Cabelas), but it does provide a decent starting point. I've adjusted the original post to reflect it.

Edit: Just kidding, forgot it locks your post after X amount of time.

Price drop to $3000 for those interested.

Good to know! I'm not sure how much of a premium I would put on it being slightly more rare (150 made vs 250 Cabelas), but it does provide a decent starting point. I've adjusted the original post to reflect it.

Edit: Just kidding, forgot it locks your post after X amount of time.

Price drop to $3000 for those interested.

Where in Texas are you located?

I'll be upfront and honest with you You are new here and you're not the first to show up and immediately offer something for sale. Others who have preceded you turned out to be scammers. I don't wish for you to take that as an accusation, but I hope you'll understand that establishing your legitimacy is important.

The second flag for me here, and note that I'm quite interested in owning this rifle, is that you describe this as a LW Supergrade. I've seen M70 Featherweights (FW) and I've seen many M70 Super Grade rifles. I don't recall ever seeing LW associated with the M70, Super Grade or otherwise.

Please explain a little further

Up for sale is a Winchester Model 70 Lightweight Super Grade, a 2014 SHOT Show Special. This exceptional rifle is a perfect addition to any collection or for the avid hunter seeking superior performance and craftsmanship. I have thought about this long and hard, since it is a rifle I will probably never find again and I am the original owner, but it is time to let her go to a good home that will use her as she was meant to be used.

-Caliber: 7x57 Mauser
-Barrel Length: 22 inches
-Sights: Drilled and tapped for scope mounts, Leupold Rings/Bases, Zeiss Conquest 4x32 Scope Z-Plex (has a couple of spots on the glass, but otherwise perfect.)
-Condition: Like new, meticulously maintained with very few rounds fired. Less than a box through it! Scope rings were lapped and leveled, everything sighted in at 100 yards, and then she was put away in the safe.
-Unique Characteristics: This rifle is a limited edition, produced as part of the 2014 SHOT Show Special series, making it a rare find. I've been told by Winchester and have also read in other posts scattered across the internet that the run made for Cabela's was 250, however the one for SHOT Show was limited to 150 or less. It was a one and done deal and 10 years later, nothing similar has ever been made. The scope is also no longer in production.

$4000 w/ everything OBO, let's make a deal!

Contact Information: PM me! I'm in South Texas.

For more details or to arrange a viewing, please reach out. I can provide more photos upon request. Will come with a couple of boxes of ammo as well!

Thanks for looking!
View attachment 620785
No disrespect intended whatsoever. I was scammed on GB for a rifle like this. A real positive for you is your offer for using a third party broker between buyer and seller which speaks well of you. For anyone interested I absolutely would send payment to a third party, get the rifle for inspection then authorize release of funds

Where in Texas are you located?

I'll be upfront and honest with you You are new here and you're not the first to show up and immediately offer something for sale. Others who have preceded you turned out to be scammers. I don't wish for you to take that as an accusation, but I hope you'll understand that establishing your legitimacy is important.

The second flag for me here, and note that I'm quite interested in owning this rifle, is that you describe this as a LW Supergrade. I've seen M70 Featherweights (FW) and I've seen many M70 Super Grade rifles. I don't recall ever seeing LW associated with the M70, Super Grade or otherwise.

Please explain a little further
Totally understand, not to worry.

I'm located down in Laredo, born and raised. If you know any hunters from down here, many would probably be able to give you a reference. I also do business with various people throughout the state via my cattle business.

These rifles were never standard production for Winchester. Instead, Cabelas ordered a run (250 estimated total) of these and the same model made in .257 Roberts, as part of a heritage throwback type promotion. I assume that since they were already going to be making them, Winchester offered them for order at the 2014 SHOT Show in Vegas. You had to be present at the show to place the order, and when I spoke with customer service they estimated the total ordered at 150 according to their own records.

If you are familiar, in 2013 they had another release in 7x57 for the Featherweight (top rifle in my other photo) that my local FFL had gotten and that I had purchased. Knowing that I was a big 7x57 guy, he purchased the LWSG for me and as soon as it came in, I picked it up from his shop and the rest is history. I have owned it for the past decade, but am letting it go since I have not used it much at all. It isn't an easy choice, the rifleman's rifle in the rifleman's caliber, but my "holy grail" is and always has been a Rigby.

The "Lightweight" portion was used to describe them, as they use the Featherweight profile barrel on a Supergrade stock. Below is a picture of the box they came in from another thread here on AH. I don't have the original box however, this is just an example.

1000083336.jpg

No disrespect intended whatsoever. I was scammed on GB for a rifle like this. A real positive for you is your offer for using a third party broker between buyer and seller which speaks well of you. For anyone interested I absolutely would send payment to a third party, get the rifle for inspection then authorize release of funds
I actually read that while I was browsing for pictures of that box and saw it was the one from the gun you purchased. Wild, but I'm glad you were able to get one in the end!

I considered listing it on gunbroker, but wanted to try here first, since I know it's a popular caliber for Africa. My old gun dealer retired and when I went to the newer shops to see if they'd take it on consignment they had never even heard of a 7x57. :cautious:

Since I have one, but love to get the 257 Roberts to match! My 7x57 is very accurate and seems to eat everything I give it. It was a nice run Winchester did.

I have never seen the .257 Roberts in person myself, but I agree, it would be a neat set. Took a quick picture of her with some of the family in the safe.

The other SG is a .264WM that I have also only shot maybe 5 rounds through. It was my father's however, so she will stay with me forever.

1000083340.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yosemitebam

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg