Winchester Model 70 375H&H + Tons Of Ammo $2,400

Jimbo12

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA
IMG_2822.jpeg

I purchased this from another member here. I have taken it to the range one time and shot 20 rounds of PPU through it. It shoots like a dream, but it’s been a safe queen with no safari in sight, so I’ll pass this on to another lucky member. Looking to get $2,400+shipping for the lot. Will need to arrange FFL to FFL, unless you’re in Illinois, which we can follow the proper ISP online transfer portal protocol.

The details from him when I bought it below, with my update from 9 boxes of new PPU to 8…

I bought this new in 2017 for my first safari. It has accounted for many pg out to 300 yards and a buf. It likes my Barnes 235 gr TSX handloads for pg and my 350gr TSX for dg, all one shot kills.
It has a Vortex 1-4 Firedot illuminated in Talley QD rings, Pachmayr Decelerator pad. It sports a few small scratches in the stock from handling and brush encounters. I had the action gone over and smoothed out, trigger adjusted to 3#. Runs smooth as silk and trigger breaks like a glass rod, no slack, no takeup. If you tip the muzzle down with the bolt back it will run forward on its own. Bolt down and it locks up tight and feeds perfectly with anything I put into it. I've run about 200 rounds through it without a hiccup.
For ammo I have:
8 boxes PPU 300gr RNSP new.
1 box PPU cases.
2 boxes Hornady 300gr DGS solids new.
50 rounds Barnes 235gr TSX handloads with 63gr 4895.
77 rounds Barnes 235gr TSX handloads with 66gr 4064.
40 rounds Barnes 235gr TSX handloads with 63gr 4064.
12 rounds RNSP new.
36 Barnes 350gr TSX projectiles.
Dies.

I realize some folks don't trust someone else's handloads but I loaded mine on a single stage press and every load was weighed to within 1/10gr. All brass is loaded no more than twice, cleaned and checked before loading. They are the only rounds I have run through the rifle and all without one problem.

IMG_2822.jpeg
IMG_2830.jpeg
IMG_2831.jpeg
IMG_2834.jpeg
IMG_0024.jpeg
IMG_0023.jpeg
IMG_0027.jpeg
IMG_0021.jpeg
IMG_0026.jpeg
IMG_0025.jpeg
IMG_0022.jpeg
IMG_2823.jpeg
IMG_2824.jpeg
IMG_2825.jpeg
IMG_2826.jpeg
IMG_2827.jpeg
IMG_2828.jpeg
IMG_2829.jpeg
IMG_2822.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great deal for someone preparing for their first African hunt. And if you are completely new and concerned about the caliber. Don't be.

Nice set up. Turn key and checks all the boxes in the classic Safari round. Lots of value here, I would not hesitate…

Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen.

I've responded to the few that sent PM's!

That’s a good deal on a great rifle. If my son and I didn’t both already have model 70’s in 375 H&H, I’d be all over this deal. We both love our 375’s, they’re very easy to shoot and one of the most versatile cartridges of all.

I wholeheartedly agree with @sierraone and @NIGHTHAWK - if you're new to the game, this would provide a very solid foundation and you can't go wrong on this deal. @BearHunter77, did you ever find anything? If not, I would give this careful consideration.

I wholeheartedly agree with @sierraone and @NIGHTHAWK - if you're new to the game, this would provide a very solid foundation and you can't go wrong on this deal. @BearHunter77, did you ever find anything? If not, I would give this careful consideration.
Thanks for the kind words. If you're still looking @BearHunter77 feel free to reach out.

@rwp315 may come up tomorrow to check it out and if he passes @Goopy seems like he needs a third 375 for the safe!

Is this a “classic” New Haven CRF? I only know the serial numbers for lefty’s, and I can see this one, but If so I know people who would be interested

Is this a “classic” New Haven CRF? I only know the serial numbers for lefty’s, and I can see this one, but If so I know people who would be interested
It is a Safari Express, which is CRF.

@Goopy and I will get to see it in action this July on a buff hunt in SA I think!

congrats @Goopy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smortium

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available