Winchester Model 70 • 375 H&H • Super Express

Is it a push feed or a control round feed?

Yeah it's pretty good that they can look it up quickly - the chart of manufacture dates gprippers posted earlier is spot on and great information! My OP said mine was a 1969 but that was from the original owner and it turned out to be pretty off - he thought it was super old just because of the 5 digit serial number...turns out Winchester has a fairly colorful past when it comes to their serial numbers.
Hi bighorn 192

Several years, here in Zim I came across a model 70 .300 win mag bull bbl. What was unusual it was never given a serial number. I could have illegally bought it, but did not. I contacted a female Winchester Historian, but received no reply.

I told someone about it he purchased it and new serial numbers magically appeared. The barrel was dicarded a new barrel added in new caliber.

Hi bighorn 192

Several years, here in Zim I came across a model 70 .300 win mag bull bbl. What was unusual it was never given a serial number. I could have illegally bought it, but did not. I contacted a female Winchester Historian, but received no reply.

I told someone about it he purchased it and new serial numbers magically appeared. The barrel was dicarded a new barrel added in new caliber.
Sounds like that rifle maybe went out the back door of the manufacturing plant. Hmmm. On second thought 300 mag with bull barrel sounds more like a 1960s or 70s sniper setup. An assassin's gun. Could be this was a rifle the CIA supplied to subversives. No serial number means no one could trace ownership or date of manufacture. That way it would be impossible to use the captured gun as evidence that the CIA was involved. Perhaps this was a condition of sale to US govt that Winchester insisted on. They didn't want the bad publicity of being associated with clandestine ops. Because the date of manufacture cannot be traced, it cannot be proven the gun was specifically made for a particular war. If it was captured, Winchester could always claim the gun was stolen at the plant (i.e. out the back door). The Angola conflict would be a good candidate for this shady transaction. CIA was definitely involved there in a big way for a long time. Or maybe the Zimabwe turf wars? Hmmm. Maybe Winchester was selling guns to the other side, not the CIA? I think there's a reason the company historian was muzzled. That gun had a story to tell for sure. But no one wanted it told! I think you were lucky to hold such an interesting piece of dark history in your hands.

Last edited:
Does it come with any other accessories such as ammo, reloading parts?

Kind regards!

Also how many rounds its take? What is the length of the barrel? The total weight?

Also how many rounds its take? What is the length of the barrel? The total weight?
24" barrel, it's had 4 rounds down the barrel per the first and original owner, no accessories, I'd say it's right around 8 lbs but I haven't weighed it. It's not an ultralight but I don't think you'd want that in a 375 anyway.

24" barrel, it's had 4 rounds down the barrel per the first and original owner, no accessories, I'd say it's right around 8 lbs but I haven't weighed it. It's not an ultralight but I don't think you'd want that in a 375 anyway.
Thank you!
I meant how many rounds can fit in its magazine?
Also I am sending you a pm.
Kind regards

Thank you!
I meant how many rounds can fit in its magazine?
Also I am sending you a pm.
Kind regards
I haven't tried it but I believe it will take 3 down in the mag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AgnesKobay

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.