Winchester M70 Super Express 416 Remington Mag

ChetAF

AH senior member
Reaction score
Continuing my 'Dog Days of Summer' excess gear sale....

I have a nice Winchester M70 Super Express in 416 Rem Mag for sale. This is one of the New Haven rifles with the original trigger.

It is in really good condition overall, it has a few light marks here and there that can be seen in the photos.

The prior owner had the barrel shortened to 20", so it balances very well and feels much handier than the original 24" barrel length. As many of you know, Winchester used the same barrel contour for the 416 as the 458, only with a smaller bore, so they can be quite muzzle heavy in the smaller calibers.

I bought this rifle, then had the opportunity to buy a different 416 built by one of my favorite riflemakers, so I just don't need this one anymore.

$1,750 shipped.

Thanks,

Chet

20230702_144620.jpg
20230702_144632.jpg
20230702_144648.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice rifle! GLWS!
If I hadn't just got a 416 Rigby I would be all over this one!

Continuing my 'Dog Days of Summer' excess gear sale....

I have a nice Winchester M70 Super Express in 416 Rem Mag for sale. This is one of the New Haven rifles with the original trigger.

It is in really good condition overall, it has a few light marks here and there that can be seen in the photos.

The prior owner had the barrel shortened to 20", so it balances very well and feels much handier than the original 24" barrel length. As many of you know, Winchester used the same barrel contour for the 416 as the 458, only with a smaller bore, so they can be quite muzzle heavy in the smaller calibers.

I bought this rifle, then had the opportunity to buy a different 416 built by one of my favorite riflemakers, so I just don't need this one anymore.

$1,750 shipped.

Thanks,

Chet

View attachment 543291View attachment 543292View attachment 543293
Hey Chet, still in possession?? Gerald

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmenKenn

Latest profile posts

jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com