Winchester "Big Five" 470 Capstick

The ULTIMATE Teaser/Preview! lol Can we set AH.com Alerts??!
(IF you PM me pics and I pass on it, I'll write the ad for you! lol) What the A-Sq's got going for it is the HEFT. It's properly sized for the job at hand (as is the Coil-Chek large butt and Decelerator pad). The factory Win is nice, but it's not. Win bbl looks like my teenage 16 ga it's so thin at the end and it's too light for the round. Many, but not all of the big boy A-Sq had forward-mounted scout scope setups and HD Pachmayer q/d swivel mounts (still used on some custom mil spec rifles). 'Prob. be best w/ a red dot or the like. A few had really nice wood, too. Curious to see! Go ahead, make our day!! (Here's one I did NOT capitalize upon years back, as a placeholder. lol) A-Sq are shooters! Hunting guns ready to go...Not typ. factory crap. I believe they were in the $3500 range new way back when, but could be purchased for $1800-2000 along the way, and value/inflation has been rising in recent times...'Flipped through all 624 pages of Any Shot You Want and couldn't seem to find that nice, 2-page dedication to Peter Hathaway Capstick and Art Alphin's dedication of the 470 to him.?
1724593940543.png

Attachments

• A-Sq Hannibal 470 Capstick.png
    A-Sq Hannibal 470 Capstick.png
    402.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
lol now i see it-the pages BEFORE those featuring the cartridge/reloading info. thanks! (that, and i found my glasses LOL) There's a video out there of Capstick RIP hunting with Volker Grellman RIP in Namibia where Peter collects a very large elephant bull using a 470 double-his first broadside hit is good, but his second shot at nearly 100 yds puts it down for good! He was writing The Sands of Silence at the time. 'Tried to find a pic of a guy foaming of the mouth, but they were all really disgusting. It's better as strictly an adage. lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sherlene05

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.