Winchester .375 question

Iv'e got mine set up for plains game and old eyes, so I opted for Leupold VX2 6x18, not a ton of money for a scope and the other VX2s I own in various magnifications work pretty well, of course Some QD mounts are a given

I'm not sure what the differences re between the Safari and a regular M70 chambered for 375 H&H, but the one that I shoot is fine. It's a 1937 action that's been rebarrelled and restocked, but otherwise it's standard magnum M70. I've not handled a CZ or Brno, but those people that I know that have them, like them. I don't know that there's a functional difference, once as noted, the rough spots are smoothed.

I was able to handle several different models before I settled on one; CZ, Ruger, Montana Rifle, Hyem and Winchester. All of them had high points, but I ultimately just felt comfortable with the Winchester. I bought a M70 Safari, the only mods I made was some trigger work from my gunsmith and I had it aluminum pillar bedded. It is around a 1" gun with some factory rounds and under that with hand-loads. I took it to Africa last month and it preformed excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinpattigoldapk

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!