Winchester .375 question

Iv'e got mine set up for plains game and old eyes, so I opted for Leupold VX2 6x18, not a ton of money for a scope and the other VX2s I own in various magnifications work pretty well, of course Some QD mounts are a given
 
I'm not sure what the differences re between the Safari and a regular M70 chambered for 375 H&H, but the one that I shoot is fine. It's a 1937 action that's been rebarrelled and restocked, but otherwise it's standard magnum M70. I've not handled a CZ or Brno, but those people that I know that have them, like them. I don't know that there's a functional difference, once as noted, the rough spots are smoothed.
 
I was able to handle several different models before I settled on one; CZ, Ruger, Montana Rifle, Hyem and Winchester. All of them had high points, but I ultimately just felt comfortable with the Winchester. I bought a M70 Safari, the only mods I made was some trigger work from my gunsmith and I had it aluminum pillar bedded. It is around a 1" gun with some factory rounds and under that with hand-loads. I took it to Africa last month and it preformed excellent.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,796
Members
169,415
Latest member
ilvigarhamp1983
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top