Winchester 1200. Opinions?

Tmask345

Reaction score
I'm a dove hunter, but also like to collect milsurp guns from WW1 and WW2.

Because of the ridiculous prices on ammo, milsurp guns, etc, I turned my attention to C&R shotguns. Ammo is easy to find and I can use it for hunting.

Anyway, enough with the intro. Like I said, I collect C&R shotguns, mostly pumps. And I wanted to get at least one commercial example of every "trench" model used by the US military. I already have the Win 97, Win Model 12, Remington 10, Ithaca 37 and Stevens 520. Still need a Savage 620, Savage 77E and the Winchester 1200.

I read a few bad comments about the Winchester 1200. Looks like it has a few plastic parts prone to break. I never handled or seen a 1200, so I really dunno nothing about them. Is it really a bad shotgun? Why the military chose it if its so bad? What about the 1300? Is it better than the 1200? At least in pictures the 1200 and 1300 looks the same. The only difference I know is that the 1300 has a 3" chamber and can shoot steel.

Just asking before buying. Let me know about your experiences with them.

Thanks

One of the first guns I bought, and I still have it. You could call me a fan.

You should have no problem finding one for under $300.

Killed my first deer, hog, turkey with one growing up in fl. Still use it on occasion. Granted it is a cheap made firearm but it has given me no problems at all in +/- 40 years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safarifurniture

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available