Will we be silent??

Just sent notes to NRA, DSC and SCI asking them to mobilize the membership. By the time of the debate in May we should have millions of votes for this poll. If not, we only have our own apathy to blame.

Last edited:
Thanks @thi9elsp ,

If even 1% or 2% of the members vote, it should be in the 10's of thousands

66/34 now!

Take a few moments and read some of the comments posted on the voting site. When you read comments from people who equate hunting to murder and demand an end to all hunting you begin to realize just how far from reality some people have gotten. Hunters are thrill murderers and love the blood sport. They honestly believe that hunting is the basis and cause for animal extinction. These people have no idea where conservation funds come from, they don't care and they simply wish that hunters would hunt each other. The hunting community has been silent far too long; its past time for educational films and intelligent objective reporting.

Contrary to what anti-hunters think hunters like you and I are the true conservationists. We put our money where our mouth is. The anti-hunters as a rule contribute little if anything to the support of wild-life. The Pittman Robertson act which collects taxes on all of our firearms and ammo and distributes those dollars to State DNR s has provided well over 2 BILLION dollars for the support of wild-life. There also comes to mind the anti-hunting experiment involving the Kaibab Range in the early 1900(s) where deer hunting was prohibited and the animals reproduced at a rate that resulted in the deer exceeding the "carrying capacity" of the land. As a result 60,000 deer died a slow lingering death from starvation. Once managed hunting was restored, the number of deer living on the range was reduced to an ecologically sustainable number. Almost 90 years have passed since this experiment in anti -hunting ended. To date the Kaibab Range is home to a healthy deer herd and happy hunters. As a Hunter Education Instructor I explain to students that due to the conservation efforts of Michigan's hunters our deer herd has grown from an estimated 45,000 in 1914 to as high as 2,000,000 in the early 1940(s) and then paired down by hunters following various game management techniques to a sustainable number. Maintaining that number allows Michigan hunters to harvest about 400,000 deer per year without adversely affecting the year over year average of the total deer population. Another hard fact that I share with students is that Mother Nature i.e. hard winters kill more deer via starvation than hunters harvest.

DONE... a few times already and will continue to cast votes as long as possible!!

Once again for the good guys

they are catching up time to vote again so them the power of the hunters

yeah its gone down from 68% earlier today for us to 57% for us, more votes cast for the good guys

57 to 43 right now we need to get out the vote!

Done, thanks for posting. Forrest

54-46!

I found that by casting a vote....closing down and trying another search engine ...voting again works for me. Then just toggle back and forth between the 2 search engines.

It was 65-35 yesterday. Looks like the anti's have woke up

upload_2016-4-3_7-17-40.png

53% to 47% for. Please vote if you haven't!

Vote cast. Didn't read the comments as its a beautiful Sunday morning here in Cape Town and I don't want to ruin the day...

Reactions: JKT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JordanelotH

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.