Wildebeest vs. Slick Trick Magnum

I use zwickey 125 grain blades with a 500 grain shaft on my 80 lb bow. Old school but great results for hunting Wildebees etc. been hunting with them for about 3 years now.
That setup should be enough to kill anything on the continent with a well place shot.

I bumped my normal arrows up 75 grains by going to 125 grain heads and adding 50 grain weights that screw into the back of my inserts (great system by Goldtip) for a finished weight of 482 grains. As an added benefit it increased my FOC to around 15 I believe.

I'm not pulling 80 pounds though. I've got my 60lb Elite Energy 35 maxed out at around 62lbs. It does help that I have a 30 inch draw. Plenty of penetration as like I said the wildebeest was the only animal I didn't get a complete pass through on and that was because it hit the off shoulder.
 
Great shot and great performance! The color of the Blue Wildebeest hide s very nice.
I agree, I do like the color and the brindle striping of the Blue Wildebeest. Due to budget concerns I elected to do a euro mount on the wildebeest but I'm having the flatskin tanned and having a pillow made with the mane down the middle and a gun case.

If I do make it back to Africa I think I will go for another blue wildebeest and a black wildebeest and have them mounted together.
 
I agree, I do like the color and the brindle striping of the Blue Wildebeest. Due to budget concerns I elected to do a euro mount on the wildebeest but I'm having the flatskin tanned and having a pillow made with the mane down the middle and a gun case.

If I do make it back to Africa I think I will go for another blue wildebeest and a black wildebeest and have them mounted together.
1506230163790.jpeg

A pair or skull mounts is pretty impressive too.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice WB, congrats!
 
Good shooting, bud!

Started planning the next trip?
 
Good shooting, bud!

Started planning the next trip?
Need to pay for the last one first Russ! LOL.

It is an instant addiction. I hope to make it back again.

Everybody in your group make it out of the hurricane ok?
 
Need to pay for the last one first Russ! LOL.

It is an instant addiction. I hope to make it back again.

Everybody in your group make it out of the hurricane ok?

We did. One member's house was robbed while he was gone.

My property took on about 2.5-3' of water. Shop and barn flooded, but house was fine. Entire area was devastated. Hard to watch....it happened to the same people last year, too.
 
We did. One member's house was robbed while he was gone.

My property took on about 2.5-3' of water. Shop and barn flooded, but house was fine. Entire area was devastated. Hard to watch....it happened to the same people last year, too.
That's rough. Heart goes out to you guys. Hope everything gets put back to normal.

You guys were a fun group. Glad I got to meet you.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,294
Messages
1,570,854
Members
169,037
Latest member
IsidraBenn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top