WiFi on Delta?

cms62236

Reaction score
Just curious. Leaving from ATL to OR Tambo Saturday on Delta. It originally said we had free onboard WiFi. I just got an email from Delta and it appears there is no WiFi on board. Has anyone flown that route lately and did you have on WiFi coming and going for free? And if not did you/could you purchase the option(I am a Skymiles medallion member so it should be free if available). Thanks in advance.

It's got to be broken then. There's no way they would knowingly not have onboard wifi on a transatlantic flight.

Better pre-download some Netflix shows...that's a long flight with no entertainment.

Flew that route in July and wifi was up and running!

It’s only active for a little bit past the coast line. They do not have satellite coverage over the Atlantic heading to Joberg. It makes for a long,long 16 hour flight. I believe this might have to do with them changing providers when they moved over to free WiFi through their fleet but I am only guessing on this. Once you get on the plane, there is a function on the seat back monitor that allows you to see the coverage area. It is very anemic compared to what it used to be and the route to Africa has zero coverage. I was just on this flight two weeks ago.

Flew over end July then back mid August. Wifi for about a few hours on the way there then nothing the rest of the flight. No WiFi on the way back. Plan on not having it. Seat back movies or download your entertainment.

There is old wifi and new wifi. Some planes have old and some have new. It’s a dice roll to see if you’ll have new. The new WiFi was supposed to be up and running but the rocket with the Viasat satellite exploded after launch, delaying the new system a couple of years. The new is only able to receive a signal close to land unfortunately.

Just curious. Leaving from ATL to OR Tambo Saturday on Delta. It originally said we had free onboard WiFi. I just got an email from Delta and it appears there is no WiFi on board. Has anyone flown that route lately and did you have on WiFi coming and going for free? And if not did you/could you purchase the option(I am a Skymiles medallion member so it should be free if available). Thanks in advance.
Yes that happened go me going and worked on the way back.

IMG_0014.jpeg

Last edited:
Went Mid June return July 4 worked both ways, was not free, I don't remember how much it was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gold-crest

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim