Who is hunting cape buffalo with a 577 NE.?

Pondora, Thank you for your post. I can see that you have cape buffalo hunting cartridges very well sorted out.

Your point about ".. no reason to use a .500 or .577 NE on buffalo." is new to me, thank you, I will make a note.

Also, You say, "it all boils down to bullet placement..." Excellent concept! It shows me that I am never too old to learn something new.

Please keep your instructive posts coming, I'm sure that I am not the only seasoned cape buffalo hunter who enjoys them.

Best regards,
Brian

Last edited:
Can you explain the process of turning an H&R single shot into the .577
Now that is a good question! It is usually called the barrel stub method. ( "Barrel Stub method" is a search term that usually gets a search started on google.)

A good machinist/gunsmith. not me, will take a break open rifle or in this case a 10 ga. shotgun and will cut the barrel off just in front of the barrel lugs . That's the "barrel stub" which is he then threads out large enough to screw a new barrel of the correct rifling inside this stub that is big enough to chamber in the new cartridge.

Whew, I bearly understand it myself, best you google it. Sorry. I did the wood work not the metal work on mine. I may have a proper explanation some where and if so I will post it here. Brian

I found the googling "barrel stubbing" works the best. Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durcanservices

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.