Who is hunting cape buffalo with a 577 NE.?

Brian

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I would sure like to talk to someone who is hunting cape buffalo with a 577 NE.
Am I the only nut who uses a 577NE single shot for buffalo? Please let me know, I won't tell anyone. Brian

Yes, it is an old $200 Harrington and Richardson "Handi Rifle" 10 ga. converted using the Stub Barrel method, to .577 NE. I have added a stock that really mitigates the recoil. The loaded rifle with a reflex sight weighs just under 13 lbs. No one who has seen it has called it a work of art !

I hope to hear from someone else experience with a big bore single shot on cape buffalo. In the old days they were fairly common, reportedly.

I am interested in all the gory details!

I believe that there are a few converted .577 NE Ruger #1 out there. Brian

I dug out this old story. It was my first buffalo hunt (2017 I think) with the rifle and I made some 700 grain hard cast bullets for it. That was the first stock that I made for it The next two stocks I made got progressively uglier.

Sorry, most of you have seen this old video. Most of it is true.
Enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EssieMorre

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]