Whisky appreciation

I had a snort of Garrison Brothers Cowboy last weekend. Weighing in at 140.9 proof, one might expect at least a bit of spicy. I nursed that 1 ounce pour for an hour. I'm pretty sure I heard angels singing the whole time.

Literally the best Bourbon I have ever tasted. Apparently if you want a bottle, you have to know somebody, or get on a list.

List price is $300. If I could find a bottle, I'd buy a case.

I had a snort of Garrison Brothers Cowboy last weekend. Weighing in at 140.9 proof, one might expect at least a bit of spicy. I nursed that 1 ounce pour for an hour. I'm pretty sure I heard angels singing the whole time.

Literally the best Bourbon I have ever tasted. Apparently if you want a bottle, you have to know somebody, or get on a list.

List price is $300. If I could find a bottle, I'd buy a case.
I have a Jack Daniel’s Coy Hill that is 140.6 proof, I’d love to break into it but it’s so rare I haven’t lol
The Coy Hill story is an interesting one, any whiskey drinker should read on it…
I’m gonna look for a bottle of the Cowboy for sure, thanks for the feedback on it!!!

Finally a sensible conversation after reading that bullshit gin post
I'm a Bourbon guy through and through, but I'm a big fan of gin, too. And anejo.

I'm a Bourbon guy through and through, but I'm a big fan of gin, too. And anejo.
Very little good bourbon makes it to AZ. These days, various versions of Garrison Bros is about all we see in the locked cabinets with any consistency. I’ve not had any of them, but your write up above sounds solid. Though, you being in TX automatically makes you biased ;)

Very little good bourbon makes it to AZ. These days, various versions of Garrison Bros is about all we see in the locked cabinets with any consistency. I’ve not had any of them, but your write up above sounds solid. Though, you being in TX automatically makes you biased ;)
I'd be shocked if you could find some Cowboy over there. I'll look this week at a couple of our big stores, see what they have. We could probably arrange something if you're interested. Like I said above, though, probably have to know somebody or get on a list.

I'd be shocked if you could find some Cowboy over there. I'll look this week at a couple of our big stores, see what they have. We could probably arrange something if you're interested. Like I said above, though, probably have to know somebody or get on a list.
Thanks for the offer, but that’s not necessary. At least not yet ;)

I’ll dabble into the more common Garrison options and see how it goes from there.

Talisker.jpg

Had a taste of this single malt on my last hunt and must say it was better to me than 16 year old Lagavulin so I bought myself a bottle today for my birthday thanks to @DWB who sent me some whiskey funds for my bday.

Will get meself a weee bit after we get home after dinner.

View attachment 616801

Had a taste of this single malt on my last hunt and must say it was better to me than 16 year old Lagavulin so I bought myself a bottle today for my birthday thanks to @DWB who sent me some whiskey funds for my bday.

Will get meself a weee bit after we get home after dinner.
That is one of my favorites as well!

26 pages, and I have never had a taste of any...but getting tired of lines from the movies like, "there's a special place in Hell for anyone who would waste single malt whisky." Might try it once.

26 pages, and I have never had a taste of any...but getting tired of lines from the movies like, "there's a special place in Hell for anyone who would waste single malt whisky." Might try it once.
Actually? Prepare for your life to get much better.

Oban 14

Nuff said
I used to drink a fair bit of that. But the price has gone up about 50% in the last few years and although it’s a nice dram I think it’s now overpriced for what it is (at least where I live).

Tonight I’ll be drinking Port Charlotte 10 yr. I've also become a fan of Arran and more recently Raasay. Very different tastes but all good quality honest whiskies, non chill filtered, no added colourants, bottled at a fairly high proof, and still priced reasonably.

I also try to support local businesses and fortunately the “Can’t Call it Bourbon” from Raging Crow Distillery makes a nice old fashioned.

That it is but I would need ice in my glass or the whiskey in the freezer for that heat.:)

It’s very smooth. I definitely recommend giving it a try. Michter’s small batch bourbon is my go to. A little sharper, but great flavor and lots of body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lutori

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Bluecyclone wrote on LES7's profile.
Hello there,
Could you tell me if your model 70 has two recoil lugs? I have heard some of the super express rifles had one, while the safari express has two.
Thank you.
Brant.
Saddlemaker wrote on Drexel64742's profile.
Hi Drexel, Would like to purchase your brass , Would a business check be fine?
overunderranger wrote on Stamp Collector's profile.
I'm interested in the 28 gauge Ruger, if you still have it.
Tanner wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I’m blown away the rifle hasn’t sold. I will take it!
wolfhunter wrote on Mark haynes's profile.
I hunted with you a couple years back speedy goat with Don Lynch call me