Which BRNO ZKK-602?

Go for the 416 Rigby, I have just returned from Mozambique 11 day safari and shot all game with my zkk602 in 416 Rigby, a great versatile cal. Buffalo, nyala and warthog, all with the old 1972 zkk602.
Hi Warren, thanks for the input. Did you do report of your Moz hunt, I would love to hear the details!
I decided to shy away from the 416, it just didn't look or seem right, as if something was off.....
In the meantime, I have gone another direction. I have been in negotiations with a gentleman who had a .404 Jeffery built with the intention of going to Africa. It looks like that won't happen for him, so we'll see where this goes.

BRNO ZKK602 in .416 Rigby. The BRNO ZKK602 in .458 Winchester Magnum was notorious for feeding problems, due to the action being too massive for the short .458 round (causing the cartridges to slide around in the magazine during recoil). Of course, the rifles worked absolutely fine if an aftermarket spacer was fitted by a competent gunsmith.

Also, don‘t sell the BRNO ZKK602 in .375 Holland & Holland Magnum. You’ll deeply regret it. No finer .375 has ever been made. And they’ve become as rare as hen’s teeth now. Good condition ones on the secondhand market are getting increasingly expensive and difficult to find. A 9.3x62mm Mauser is an exceptional caliber. But it’s no .375.

BRNO ZKK602 in .416 Rigby. The BRNO ZKK602 in .458 Winchester Magnum was notorious for feeding problems, due to the action being too massive for the short .458 round (causing the cartridges to slide around in the magazine during recoil). Of course, the rifles worked absolutely fine if an aftermarket spacer was fitted by a competent gunsmith.

Also, don‘t sell the BRNO ZKK602 in .375 Holland & Holland Magnum. You’ll deeply regret it. No finer .375 has ever been made. And they’ve become as rare as hen’s teeth now. Good condition ones on the secondhand market are getting increasingly expensive and difficult to find. A 9.3x62mm Mauser is an exceptional caliber. But it’s no .375.
Thank you for the input Hunter-Habib, and for providing an idea for the fix as well.
Alas, if I could keep them all, I certainly would!

Hi Warren, thanks for the input. Did you do report of your Moz hunt, I would love to hear the details!
I decided to shy away from the 416, it just didn't look or seem right, as if something was off.....
In the meantime, I have gone another direction. I have been in negotiations with a gentleman who had a .404 Jeffery built with the intention of going to Africa. It looks like that won't happen for him, so we'll see where this goes.
Hi DmacD, I'll have to put a report in, only been back in Newzealand for a week and a half. But zambizi delta safaris exceeded all expectations. The place and people are first class.

Hi Hunter 475,

You hit the nail in the head. Those ZKK 600 series (601-600-602) of the mid 90´s were, indeed, the very last ones! And, in my opinion after seen and had having ZKK of almost all ages, the first pre´68 and those last CZ marked ZKKs are the best made of that serie.
Good luck!

CF

What do the learned gentlemen (and ladies!) of the forum have to say on this?
Dont sell 375.
Keep 9.3.
Buy 416 Rigby.

Reason:
Mixed bag safari PG and DG, one rifle battery - take 375.
Mixed bag safari, PG and DG, two rifle battery: 9.3 and 416.
Single buffalo safary: 416

Then, you are fully optional for every eventuality. No shortcomings!

Possible drawbacks:
Sell 375, zkk 602. What you get with that?

In few years maybe you will want 375 CRF rifle back? This rifle is long ago phased out, as well as CZ 550, second hand market is thinning out, new CRF Mauser 98 is on 10k price.
So, selling for small money is economically unwise, for insignificant financial gain. (peanuts)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FEJ

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]