Where to next?

With a bit of luck we can hunt brown bears in Romania. After 7 years of banning, our ministry of environment, convinced by problems caused by bears ( 18 peoples killed in the last 7 years and hundreds of peoples mauled) he is ready to open the bear hunting.
I will come back with news.
That’s good news

@Justbryan

Congrats on some great hunts so far.

Treat life as if there is a giant asteroid headed for Earth. An extinction event asteroid. The government hasn't warned us because what's the point.

So screw what it costs, do the one first that speaks strongest to your heart and soul. We all have an expiration date and we have no idea when that is. Live your life as if there is no tomorrow.
I hear what you are saying. I just have a difficult time doing that because I know that if I do, there will be no tomorrow financially..... I've had to scrap and scrape for every penny and that is no damned fun either.

Personally I think the wise man attemps to find his own balance.

Sadly, I agree. I spent my big budget on New Zealand Tahr, Chamois, and 2 Rusa plus Helicopter cost for multiple days in different areas. So, there is a limited budget for a few years to catch back up. There are very few Plains Game I still want but working on tiny ten. This trip will include Sharpes, Klipspringer, Common Duiker.
Sharpes is the hardest. I am still trying.

Sharpes is the hardest. I am still trying.
Bossie is known for night critter and tiny hunts. I saw several Sharpes on my last trip with him. A TV personality was bow hunting Sharpes the week after me. I could have shot a Sharpes but did not have a permit. Wish me luck on the Sharpes.

If I get a Sharpes it may be the only African animal I have that you do not already have!

Last edited:
Trying to decide on my next hunting trip (probably 2025). South Africa- 3 trips (going to SA in August 2023 for night hunting) & New Zealand 2 Trips.

I am thinking about Alaska for Moose/Brown Bear. But it is really expensive compared to other hunts.

I would love to hunt Zambia but again pricey compared to other hunts.

I have been considering Spain, Canada, Argentina (shot most everything offered), and Africa (Namibia, Zambia, etc.)

On my wish list: Bongo, Lechwe, Ibex, Brown Bear, Moose, Elephant, Roan. All these are out of my price range for now. I am wanting a $10,000 trophy fees. What are some options that will fit my price restrictions?
We have two exportable trophy elephant permits left for 2023 price all inclusive is $15,000.00.

These last 2 posts...the end of season quota offer and the long-term planning approach...squarely hit my thoughts today. For the last 5 years or so, I have gotten out ahead one or two seasons to get the dates I needed or the best dates for a given species being hunted. In one case, I had to go out 3 years to get the best location/guide and I didn't regret that. I've had a lot of success with that approach but those hunts are paid at full rate or even peak rates.

However, I have always cringed a bit when the offers come out for this or that and I think, wow I would really like to be able to do that. I've been thinking more and more about creating some flexibility for these amazing offers that come up. $15k all in for trophy exportable elephant...wow.

These last 2 posts...the end of season quota offer and the long-term planning approach...squarely hit my thoughts today. For the last 5 years or so, I have gotten out ahead one or two seasons to get the dates I needed or the best dates for a given species being hunted. In one case, I had to go out 3 years to get the best location/guide and I didn't regret that. I've had a lot of success with that approach but those hunts are paid at full rate or even peak rates.

However, I have always cringed a bit when the offers come out for this or that and I think, wow I would really like to be able to do that. I've been thinking more and more about creating some flexibility for these amazing offers that come up. $15k all in for trophy exportable elephant...wow.
I did an October hunt 2 years ago last minute and got a huge package deal for quota Cape Buffalo, Red Duiker, Steenbok, Sable, Eland, Bush Pig, Gemsbok, Reedbuck, Red Hartebeest, and a Waterbuck for less than the cost of a good Cape Buffalo hunt. Common animals on these quotas include Elephant, Hippo, Crock, Lion, Leopard, etc. Good idea and if I don't find a quota offer then I could book for the next year. I like your thinking!

Hey one Bryan to another...good plan. PM to you.

Bongo is probably the most expensive and challenging to get to. Add in the part of the World you need to go to..... that is one to do when you can and feel comfortable doing it. Pick your Outfitter carefully. There are some horror stories.

For lechwe and Roan, do you want to shoot them in RSA as that is likely doable for both in one trip. In fact just add onto your night hunt.

Or do you want to hunt them in their indigenous habitats? I would think you could find those hunts for that budget but may take some research. Did you mean hunt cost or just the trophy fee? I would expect you can get trophy fees combined for under that even in their native areas.... but the hunt will be more.

Ibex are largely priced on size. You can do a cull pretty cheap. And should be able to find a pretty good one for $10k. Spain is absolutely beautiful and filled with history and tourist things to do as well as the hunting. We are here now and I'm typing on my phone during a 4 hour train ride ending the tourist part of this trip.. If you have a wife or girlfriend to take, Spain should top your list. @Just Gina is loving it;) We hunt starting tomorrow.

Canada is likely the cheaper option for moose, at least if not in the Yukon.... You might find a moose hunt for under $10k. I would consider BC and Alberta seriously. Too bad BC stopped grizzly hunting.

To do both moose and grizzly in Alaska or the Yukon would be an awesome hunt. Should be doable in 10 days in the right area. But will cost more than $10k together. You could luck in on a deal individually if you watch closely and get feelers out for cancelation hunts. Watch for deals on all the sites.

Elephant can still be done in Zimbabwe for a $10,000 or possibly less trophy fee but plan on double that to add the day fees. If you want to hunt elephant I'd get a plan started and I'd focus on Zimbabwe. From what I've seen, a non trophy bull is not much more than a tuskless cow. From all accounts, the tuskless cow is the more intense hunt.

Do the Zimbabwe elephant and maybe take in Vic Falls... Watch for the deal you like.

Or do Spain with your wife:) We are just doing cull hunts. But did a more premium tour. Happy wife happy life;)

Ok. I am sitting in Madrid right now typing this reply.
A few years ago at a SCI event, I purchased an Ibex hunt in Spain. Delays from all the COVID bs, and just life in general, I am finally here!
If you have a wife or gf, and want to see Spain, I highly recommend it!
I am going to do a hunting report shortly. However what @ActionBob is doing is being a bit modest. He had wanted to go to Spain and he knew I did also so he went above and beyond on the touring part of our trip and we celebrated my birthday here! It is one I will not EVER forget! I was also surprised with a roe deer tag!
Touring and hunting has been amazing! There is so much to do and see here! Good luck on your decision making! Ibex in Spain gets my vote!

Ok. I am sitting in Madrid right now typing this reply.
A few years ago at a SCI event, I purchased an Ibex hunt in Spain. Delays from all the COVID bs, and just life in general, I am finally here!
If you have a wife or gf, and want to see Spain, I highly recommend it!
I am going to do a hunting report shortly. However what @ActionBob is doing is being a bit modest. He had wanted to go to Spain and he knew I did also so he went above and beyond on the touring part of our trip and we celebrated my birthday here! It is one I will not EVER forget! I was also surprised with a roe deer tag!
Touring and hunting has been amazing! There is so much to do and see here! Good luck on your decision making! Ibex in Spain gets my vote!
Talked with the wife last night and Spain is the top of her list. Who are you hunting with in Spain? We have been all over Europe and the Middle East but never been in Spain.

Talked with the wife last night and Spain is the top of her list. Who are you hunting with in Spain? We have been all over Europe and the Middle East but never been in Spain.
Corju Hunting.
I can pm you more details if you’d like, just let me know and if you have any specific info you’d like, shoot me or @ActionBob a pm. :) We have 2 days left here and then head back to the states. I will likely work on my hunt report on the way home and have it shortly to post here on AH.

Bryan you mentioned that you're not real keen on Spanish Ibex. Let me suggest you do a cull hunt. Way cheaper so you can budget more for tourist stuff.. That is what we did this morning. In fact if it wasn't for the roe deer, I would not have kept even skulls so could have had zero shipping and taxidermy cost;)

Much to my surprise, it is apparently doable and even somewhat common to take your wife on vacation without hunting..... Hahaha Just kidding. That just feels so wrong to even type it...

However in the case of our trip, the hunting added to a very enjoyable trip. Getting us out to the rural and much less traveled areas. Meeting real people making a living out there. Our guide is friends or a relative of a guy who makes hams. So he took us by to see the process;) We also hunted around a bull farm where they raise the bulls for the Bullfights and the Running of the Bulls. In fact a cow and calf were loose and that cow was showing us her horns with no room for misinterpretation! She had spunk!

Bryan you mentioned that you're not real keen on Spanish Ibex. Let me suggest you do a cull hunt. Way cheaper so you can budget more for tourist stuff.. That is what we did this morning. In fact if it wasn't for the roe deer, I would not have kept even skulls so could have had zero shipping and taxidermy cost;)

Much to my surprise, it is apparently doable and even somewhat common to take your wife on vacation without hunting..... Hahaha Just kidding. That just feels so wrong to even type it...

However in the case of our trip, the hunting added to a very enjoyable trip. Getting us out to the rural and much less traveled areas. Meeting real people making a living out there. Our guide is friends or a relative of a guy who makes hams. So he took us by to see the process;) We also hunted around a bull farm where they raise the bulls for the Bullfights and the Running of the Bulls. In fact a cow and calf were loose and that cow was showing us her horns with no room for misinterpretation! She had spunk!
Looked at there web site and I am very interested. Spain is on our bucket list.

Bossie is known for night critter and tiny hunts. I saw several Sharpes on my last trip with him. A TV personality was bow hunting Sharpes the week after me. I could have shot a Sharpes but did not have a permit. Wish me luck on the Sharpes.

If I get a Sharpes it may be the only African animal I have that you do not already have!
Best of luck! I’ll try again for one in August.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilarEastw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?