Wheel’s Up…

MarkinMI

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, MBGHA Life, TNWBH Life, many other organizations and sportsmman's clubs.
Hunted
USA (Michigan, Iowa, Texas, Alaska)
…tomorrow, 18 Aug, 19 year-old son and I are heading out for our first safari, 18 months in the works.
Matwetwe Safaris, SA, 10 days PG, and whatever Africa has to offer us.
I am so looking forward to (and not!) sitting my ass down on that 30A seat, ‘cause then, nothing else matters but getting there.
What an awesome forum, I don’t think we could be more well-prepared, thanks to everyone.
I’m a bit of a writer, so, stay tuned…

Excellent! looking forward to following along

Enjoy that seat, its worth it once you land

Good luck and safe travels. Will be looking forward to a report when you return.

Wonderful you can take such an adventure with your son!! What's your number one trophy you are looking to take?

In pecking order: kudu, gemsbok, impala, blesbuck, warthog and a day of bird hunting.
Then, perhaps a zebra and whatever else SA might offer us.
More interested in the whole safari experience, w/my son, than a big pile of dead critters…

That is a great list of animals for any hunter going to Africa!! I was super fortunate to hunt Africa with my Dad 3 times, I will always cherish those memories, as will you and your son. Congratulations again to you and your son!!

Safe travels.
Have Fun.

Safe travels and enjoy every minute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickiePalm

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia