What's the next cartridge your looking to add to your collection and what role will it fill?

My “gap” lies in between .300WM AND .458Lott.

I picked up a .375H&H and .416Taylor to potentially fill that gap. I’m likely to keep only one of the two. I haven’t shot either this far. Finding ammo for the Taylor is a problem but I’m attracted to a little something different. The .375H&H seems more economical and practical if I were to need ammo while abroad.

My “gap” lies in between .300WM AND .458Lott.

I picked up a .375H&H and .416Taylor to potentially fill that gap. I’m likely to keep only one of the two. I haven’t shot either this far. Finding ammo for the Taylor is a problem but I’m attracted to a little something different. The .375H&H seems more economical and practical if I were to need ammo while abroad.
Lots of options to choose from there. 323's, 338's, 358's, 375s, 416s, 423s etc.

Did you consider the 416 RemMag when you decided on the Taylor? Im guessing sourcing ammo would be less of a challenge.

A 30 magnum of some sort…

It won’t fill a gap… I’m covered for everything that walks the earth at this point and everything that flies in the sky… 60+ firearms ranging from .22 long (not LR) to 416 Taylor get all the bases covered..

I just really want another 30 magnum right now :)

Collecting a .22 Hornet next week to use on the Tiny 10. Should keep the hides nicely intact on the Common Duiker, Blue Duiker, Steenbuck, Grysbuck etc.

.17 hmr for an R8. I’d like something for small game that has more reach than a .22lr. As I already have a .22lr barrel, I’d like to have 2 small calibers for multiple people to use.

After that, maybe a .404 Jeff, but it is pretty close to the .375.

I want a LH 7x57. No particular role to fill, but I already have 4 rifles that fire cartridges that have been around since 1910 or earlier, and I'd just like to add that one to the battery.

I would love to get a .22 hornet, my current ceiling is a .416 Rigby, I have 2 and I am contemplating turning the CZ into something bigger but I’m no gunsmith and would need to find some one to help me out and figure out how big I could go.

Just added a .500NE to the battery, so between a .270 ruger nr1, a 7x64 bolt action, a 7x65r double, a 300wm bolt action, a 375H&H double, a 416 Rigby bolt action and the 500NE double not many gaps are remaining.

A nice .22 Center fire of sorts or a 5.6x54MS and a .338 might still be in the works. Also have a thing for a nice 9.3x62 bolt action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlenaDorri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.