What Watch do you wear when you hunt?

9B8AE900-DCD6-454F-A37F-981C8B559C73.jpeg

I recently bought this citizen eco drive for work on the farm and hunting. It’s a decent watch at a ‘no regrets’ price point.

Image1719440147.681054.jpg

The latest watch arrived.

The Ashford transaction was smooth and their shipping fast.

Very happy with the Glycine for the $s.

Photo backdrop for @BeeMaa ;)

IMG_8675.jpeg

The latest watch arrived.

The Ashford transaction was smooth and their shipping fast.

Very happy with the Glycine for the $s.

Photo backdrop for @BeeMaa ;)

View attachment 616331
Which BMW? 2019 540i here, bought it when I was looking to get a new 3/4 ton truck, the car was half the price of replacing my 2003 dodge 2500 diesel crew cab, plus couldn't get an 8 foot bed. Kept the truck and got the car as an everyday driver. Love it, Germans really do know how to build a machine.

Which BMW? 2019 540i here, bought it when I was looking to get a new 3/4 ton truck, the car was half the price of replacing my 2003 dodge 2500 diesel crew cab, plus couldn't get an 8 foot bed. Kept the truck and got the car as an everyday driver. Love it, Germans really do know how to build a machine.

Germans or Americans doing the building? :ROFLMAO:

Mine is a ‘Spartanburg special’ X4 Diesel

Spartanburg sounds like a quaint village nestled in the Bavarian Apls :ROFLMAO:

- but is in South Carolina.

There are countless songs written about this but why on Earth would you want to know what time it is while you're on safari? Why would you want to have a piece of jewelry in your way while DG hunting?? Fashionistas! LOL wasn't there a big scandal with overpriced Rolex watches recently?? LOL buy guns and ammo and tip your PH as well. I'm sure many have had to accept expensive watches LOL first hand I know that sales and marketing is perhaps the most corrupt business on Earth next to politics.

Germans or Americans doing the building? :ROFLMAO:

Mine is a ‘Spartanburg special’ X4 Diesel

Spartanburg sounds like a quaint village nestled in the Bavarian Apls :ROFLMAO:

- but is in South Carolina.
Bavarian made no gamecocks involved!

There are countless songs written about this but why on Earth would you want to know what time it is while you're on safari? Why would you want to have a piece of jewelry in your way while DG hunting?? Fashionistas! LOL wasn't there a big scandal with overpriced Rolex watches recently?? LOL buy guns and ammo and tip your PH as well. I'm sure many have had to accept expensive watches LOL first hand I know that sales and marketing is perhaps the most corrupt business on Earth next to politics.
Amen

Bavarian made no gamecocks involved!
also a town in SC where slavery is still practiced. lol
Spartanburg.

I see this post get revisited frequently, so I thought it would be a good place to ask--

We are considering adding Garmin Xero C1 Chronographs (bullet velocity measurement tools, not time pieces) to the inventory, but I was wondering if there were any die hard Garmin watch lovers out there that have recommendations for any Garmin watches / gear.

I'm not a big fan of carrying electronics, but their new chrono gets a lot of rave reviews.

I could potentially do a special AfricaHunting Group buy if enough folks are interested in it (assuming you haven't already picked one up).
I have been using Garmin watches for several years now, two different Instinct models and currently a Fenix 7 Solar… very impressive and durable watches.

I would be interested in the C-1 as well if there was a group buy.

You're so right, LOL

You're so right, LOL
Perhaps, for those of you with health issues, a smart watch that monitors all sorts of vital signs. No matter what Brand, most are made in China and cost between $75 and $150. If it features some fancy brand name, double or triple that, but it's just the same. Taylor (one of the top-notch acoustic guitar makers next to Martin, has released a line of watches for their 50th anniversary.) I'd still not wear one on Safari (or while hunting.) 'Going to attract quite the pick-pocket crowd at airports en route!
1719587079244.png

Why would you want to know it at all no matter where you're at. For that matter why do anything, like hunting, buying guns, tipping your PH. That buffalo didn't need to be dead. Sales and Marketing.....first hand and all.

Recently, I have been wearing a swiss watch made for John Rigby & Co. The first pic below of my watch was taken in Australia while on a water buff hunt with Graham Williams. The Rigby rifle in the pic belongs to one of the PHs. The second pic is of the backside of the watch and shows the engraving.
1.jpeg
4.jpeg

Recently, I have been wearing a swiss watch made for John Rigby & Co. The first pic below of my watch was taken in Australia while on a water buff hunt with Graham Williams. The Rigby rifle in the pic belongs to one of the PHs. The second pic is of the backside of the watch and shows the engraving. View attachment 616659View attachment 616660

Looks like an Omega. Do you happen to know who makes it for them?

Looks like an Omega. Do you happen to know who makes it for them?
Not sure who assembles them but the movement is a Sellita SW200-1 that has an accuracy guarantee of +/- 12 seconds per day. That doesn’t mean they aren’t accurate, it just means if it falls in that range it’s considered acceptable.

Current Omega mechanical watches only use ETA or their own in-house movements. Some argue about the Omega in-house movements being nothing more than altered ETA’s but that not of any concern to me.

In any event, it’s not likely that the Rigby watch is a rebranded Omega.

Not sure who assembles them but the movement is a Sellita SW200-1 that has an accuracy guarantee of +/- 12 seconds per day. That doesn’t mean they aren’t accurate, it just means if it falls in that range it’s considered acceptable.

Current Omega mechanical watches only use ETA or their own in-house movements. Some argue about the Omega in-house movements being nothing more than altered ETA’s but that not of any concern to me.

In any event, it’s not likely that the Rigby watch is a rebranded Omega.

Fair enough. It would be a heck of a deal at their price point if it were.

Fair enough. It would be a heck of a deal at their price point if it were.
LOL.

First Omega has to get their markup to sell it to Rigby, then Rigby need to their part. I doubt you could find something like this for less than double the price of the Omega on its own.

Lastly - Omega as a brand are pretty close to the vest, like most Swiss watch companies. They will do special production runs for a group, famously the Navy SEAL Diver 300 watch below. But they are always branded as an Omega product on the front with a special case back.
1719600508662.png

Other companies have done this as well, like Rolex. These are highly collectible pieces. And I'm not sure what the rules are for wearing one. Owning and wearing one are two different things. And I would never dare wear something I hadn't earned.
1719600794687.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APolizzi11916

Latest profile posts

overunderranger wrote on Stamp Collector's profile.
I'm interested in the 28 gauge Ruger, if you still have it.
Tanner wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I’m blown away the rifle hasn’t sold. I will take it!
wolfhunter wrote on Mark haynes's profile.
I hunted with you a couple years back speedy goat with Don Lynch call me
I've been hunting and shooting all my life in So Cal. Luckily, I've passed it on to my son who does his thing on the East coast except when we get together for some outdoor activities. I shoot just about anything that goes bang including rifle, shotgun and muzzleloaders. I've scratch-built several flint rifles and a couple of pistols and rebuilt several old muzzlestuffers for friends.