What Watch do you wear when you hunt?

I let my nephew wear my 44mm citizen for a few days at the air show in July. He thought it was pretty cool.

20240725_133611.jpg

I let my nephew wear my 44mm citizen for a few days at the air show in July. He thought it was pretty cool.

1727520092956.png
This is a wonderful way to indoctrinate the future generations on the beauty of wearing a watch. Also has the added benefit of them learning some responsibility in caring for it. Well done!

I believe @Tra3 let his son wear his watch for a week, but he's in his late teens.

Of course I showed him how to use it as a stop watch so he started timing things. Apparently I was in my porta potty 43 seconds longer than him. :ROFLMAO:

We also walked through the vendor hangars where a local company was selling Citizen watches. He asked if I was going to buy one because in that case he could keep this one.

Last edited:
Of course I showed him how to use it as a stop watch so he started timing things. Apparently I was in my porta potty 43 seconds longer than him. :ROFLMAO:

We also walked through the vendor hangars where a local company was selling Citizen watches. He asked if I was going to buy one because in that case he could keep this one.
You may have created a monster, but in a good way. ;)

That’s awesome!

Reactions: CJW
This is a wonderful way to indoctrinate the future generations on the beauty of wearing a watch. Also has the added benefit of them learning some responsibility in caring for it. Well done!

I believe @Tra3 let his son wear his watch for a week, but he's in his late teens.
True! My son and I are learning about watches together. He wore my Omega to his senior prom this spring. At some point we have to put some bigger responsibilities on the kids, I also had him drive the tractor to load a pallet of bee hives onto the back of my new truck. I think kids have moments when the realize the gravity of responsibility and level up in maturity.

But back to this thread: I am concluding a hunt in Namibia and am currently in Swakopmund. I’ve worn a Tudor Black Bay ceramic (all black) watch for this hunt. It has been comfortable and a less shiny/flashy alternative.

Chewore South. Zimbabwe

$25 watch $25K bracelet

Priorities, for me :cool:
Not that I’m opposed to both!
77BD8949-DAA8-4746-9228-7F406760F30A.jpeg

On July 1st I set the time on my Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean. Because July and August both have 31 days, and my watch happens to have a date complication, I've not looked at it for accuracy until now...on October 1st.

It was 1 minute and 20 seconds fast. Just for reference, that time span of 93 days comprises nearly 8 million seconds. Meaning it gained less than 1 second a day for three months of regular daily wear. It sits next to me now as I have a drink, both of us enjoying a much deserved rest.
1727825838551.png

When I was in the Navy, Luminox was well represented with the "tip of the spear" guys I ran into. Other brands they liked were (in no particular order) the Casio G-Shock, Doxa Sub, Seiko Tuna Can and the Rolex Sub/Sea-Dweller.

When I was in the Navy, Luminox was well represented with the "tip of the spear" guys I ran into. Other brands they liked were (in no particular order) the Casio G-Shock, Doxa Sub, Seiko Tuna Can and the Rolex Sub/Sea-Dweller.
Midway STILL has a number of Luminox watches on sale for 62-65 percent off. I chose a lower priced lightweight one that is not complicated to see even at night. For me, a lot of the additional features on many of the other watches clutter up the dial face and are difficult for me to see the time without my glasses on. I wear a watch 24/7 and am hard on them. To each their own and kudos to those with having the better eyesight like I used to have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickiePalm

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia