What Watch do you wear when you hunt?

@BeeMaa

Nice - thanks - love the his and hers pair.

Here's a bit of history on the F1s I found interesting

https://tagheuerenthusiast.blogspot.com/2020/07/history-tag-heuer-formula-1-first.html

On reflection - it was probably '90 or '91 when I got mine.
Correction, Mom chimed in and said they got them in the late eighties, so you might be right with your estimation of '88 or '89. Also, my Dad's was completely refurbished in Switzerland a few years ago. The way I remember his watch is with all the white & red numbers worn off the outside of the bezel.

A Glock watch would be cool. I can’t believe I just wrote that. But not some branded chinese watch. An actual perpetual quality Euro timepiece.

https://glockwatches.com/

1707654691400.png

Glock watches! AH continues to be a source of new knowledge.

I'm not sure if the watches offer the same durability as my other Glock products :unsure:

IMG_6743.jpg

Apologies for the thread drift. Mods - maybe we need a new thread 'What ET do you carry on safari?' :ROFLMAO:

My first requirement is bright luminescence like LUMINOX comes with.

Second no alarms

and I’m too picky on the band. I don’t like metal ones pulling hairs. Prefer black rubber for ease of showering and drying. And cleaning from dirty tasks.

Also the end of the band must stay wear it should. Plenty of tail length to keep it under the keepers. I had a nice Tag that I did not like the original rubber band so it sat for years. Until I found it sitting and sold it. I just found another luminox I forgot about. I need a good audit or inventory around this place.

The field style one I’ve been wearing lately. I normally prefer one with a rotating bezel
IMG_3595.jpeg

Feels a bit wrong to follow up a Pelagos post with this :rolleyes: ....

But I got a deal today on another 'rough and tumble' Casio to go with my G-Shock - for the princely sum of AU$31 :sneaky:

MRW-200H-1B

81xmxz0VmsL._AC_SY879_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@0002S - You have quite the collection of timepieces. The Seamaster 300 with the brown face is very interesting. Not to mention the number of rifles in the background ;)

@Altitude sickness - I thought the same thing about steel bracelets vs my hairy wrists…and you are correct for the most part. All the way up to the point that I started wearing an Omega dive watch. I’m not sure how they do it, but it doesn’t pull the hair out. The edges are very nicely rounded so it doesn’t bite into the skin either. I’ll take a better picture of the bracelet when I get home.

1709810832347.jpeg

and I’m too picky on the band. I don’t like metal ones pulling hairs. Prefer black rubber for ease of showering and drying. And cleaning from dirty tasks.

It has actually been the exact opposite experience for me. I’ve never had a problem with metal bracelets pulling hairs, but only with rubber ones, which is why I definitely avoid the latter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DemiClimps

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg