What scope rings are preferred?

Naive question…lots of responses list quick detach rings. How many people have actually removed their rings/scope in a dangerous game situation? Or are they just used for traveling?
Twice while hunting I have quick detached the scope on my 30-06. Two years ago hunting very steep nasty terrain in Montana. There was quite a bit of snow on the ground and more falling.
20221127_125555.jpg

The same year I pulled the scope when pursuing a wounded kudu in really thick stuff late in the afternoon.

QD is handy for transport but also good for backup in case the scope craps out.

I have Alaska Arms on 3 Ruger Hawkeye Africans (6.5x55, 256 Rigby, 9.3x62 Mauser). Warne QDs on a Kimber 30-06 and my MRC 404J. I've not have issues with any of them. I carry my optics in my carry-on and put them back on the rifle(s) at whatever my destination is. I've never experienced a problem with having to re-zero. They all return to zero with no problems. I do this so I can fit two rifles in a smaller case.
Yep. With scopes in carryon I can stuff both my 30-06 plains game rifle and 404 DGR in a single gun Pelican Vault case. However, from now on I will put slipon recoil pads on both rifles in case butt stocks bang into muzzles in transit. This was last year leaving for Africa just after I finished building the 404. Not enough time to get it blued.
16915338836971861004684596064473.jpg

Talley rings and bases-color case hardened for just a splash of class on a sweet model of rifle. Call them for help with models and availability-super helpful and offer good advice. Quick Detach is an option.

Leupold prw2 rings with bases have also been excellent, among my favorites.

There is alot of your personal preference available in rings and bases and how they fit-(how high or low your scope sits.)
Or a specific look that you like. I’ve even had them cerekoted in the past to get a desired effect. Lots of options, I would go with Talley, you gotta be you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ffirtotrtser

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,