What scope do you trust? Most rugged, dependable rifle scope?

Trijicon, Zeiss, Leupold, can't afford the upper end spectrum, But I use my optics as optics.

I have gotten Leopolds to lose zero. I can't afford other brands. So I stetched/found bargains and got a couple Trijicons. They've had some bumps and kept zero. With multiple people telling me they don't break easily I think I'll stick with them. A Trijicon 1-4 does what I want for a close in bear scope and my 2.5-10 does everything else. Its really nice now, I don't think I've had to re sight in my scope since I mounted it.

Possibly a different perspective:

1724887357857.png

Ive got a pretty wide variety of optics in the safe.. Im not particularly brand loyal.. Im much more motivated by who makes something that "fits" the purpose of the rifle I intend on mounting the scope on... that is within the price range Im willing to spend for that particular rifle (I might put a nice euro scope on one of my higher end rifles.. but wouldnt likely mount a $1200-$2000 scope of a $350 "truck gun", etc..)...

all that said, most of the scopes I currently own are Swaro, Zeiss, or Leupold....

For many years I leaned hard toward zeiss before considering other options... but between guidefitter (where swaro offers significant discounts) and leupold VIP (discounts for public servants, veterans, etc) and the pricing I can obtain through those programs.. 9 out of 10 times these days I buy leu or swaro...

Ive got a pretty wide variety of optics in the safe.. Im not particularly brand loyal.. Im much more motivated by who makes something that "fits" the purpose of the rifle I intend on mounting the scope on... that is within the price range Im willing to spend for that particular rifle (I might put a nice euro scope on one of my higher end rifles.. but wouldnt likely mount a $1200-$2000 scope of a $350 "truck gun", etc..)...

all that said, most of the scopes I currently own are Swaro, Zeiss, or Leupold....

For many years I leaned hard toward zeiss before considering other options... but between guidefitter (where swaro offers significant discounts) and leupold VIP (discounts for public servants, veterans, etc) and the pricing I can obtain through those programs.. 9 out of 10 times these days I buy leu or swaro...
Just a heads up for vets, etc. Nightforce has a pretty good discount.

I’m sure there are lots of good scopes. For myself I have used and abused Leupold scopes with only one problem and that was my fault. The one time was when I got out of a truck on an elk hunt a leaned my rifle against the wheel to relieve myself. My hunting partner started talking to me and I got in the truck a drove over my Leupold Vari x 3 scope. It was a long time ago. Of course the scope and rifle were toast. A friend convinced me to send to back to Leupold. I did with a note saying I’m not sure if you can do anything but would be grateful if they could. I got a note back apologizing they could not repair my scope but here was a new upgraded one as they no longer made my model. Don’t know if they always do this or I got lucky but I have bought more than a dozen more scopes not to mention binoculars and rangefinders. In short I would stake my life on Leupold dependability.

Leupold! I’ve used both Leupold and Swarovski scopes but always come back to Leupold!
Never had one fail though I’ve unintentionally abused quite a few hunting in the Rockies…
Leupold and Swarovski is all I would consider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephanieX

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at Kramer-jack@comcast.net or call my cell number 717-660-7421.
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]