What is this thing? And what is it for?

The Beretta Holding (which owns both Beretta USA and Benelli USA) acquired a majority ownership of Chapuis. In the US, marketing, product and distribution of Chapuis long-guns have been given to Benelli USA--which also governs Benelli, Franchi, Stoeger and Uberti. The Manhurin revolver has been given instead to Beretta USA.

I work for Benelli USA as the product manager of Uberti and Chapuis.
So you're the guy I need to suck up to then. Got it.

Good job to you and your French colleagues on those Chapuis though. Very nice handling pieces. Benelli... eh.

51% of the time this is the correct solution for all things. I have no idea if that applies with doubles though.
With a double rifle, it is recommended that you give it a double tap. This term was invented long before practical pistol shooting- in fact it is the origin of the phrase. Early gunsmiths used the double tap for many years and the practical pistol crowd acquired the useful expression.

If tapping with a hammer doesnt work then you need to use a bigger hammer. At that point the part usually moves but is now damaged and you throw it away and get a new one. That is why double rifles cost so much. Follow me for more useful advice on how to use a hammer and the origins of useful firearm terms :LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinkbeautyclub

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?