What is the world coming to?

My uncle said many years ago:
If you owe the bank a million dollars it's your problem. If you owe the bank 10 million dollars it's the banks problem... when you owe them 10 million they start kissing your ass and you get the service that should be afforded the loyal customers that have savings and don't owe them a cent.

I refuse to have a credit card these days.
I use a debit card or pay cash. I also use a credit union and they know me by name when I walk in.

Haven’t shopped at Cabela’s since Bass Pro bought them out.
It’s foolish not to have a credit card especially if you travel, just pay it off every month. It’s a barrier between your money and the purchase because if your card is stolen it’s the banks problem not yours. A debit card is a direct link to your account and offers less protections. Also, for travel purposes, you cannot rent a car using a debit card.

IMUO, this is the best card now:

If you want fool with "signing up" for 5% cashback every 3 months for different vendors. I use this one:

One year, I made nearly $4,000 in cash back rewards by juggling different cards.

I would not use a card that limits you to "rewards" that have to be used with a specific retailer - miles, etc.

Cash is King!
I think that use to be one of best cards to use. However, when they went to “thank you points” I discovered it wasn’t really 2% cash anymore and stopped using. I think there are better cards for simple cash back now, especially some visa signatures that offer a few benefits on top of the cash back. The citi Mastercard offers almost nothing. I don’t even think rental car protection anymore.

Let us know what card offer the best simple cashback and I will change in a heartbeat.

I am also a retailer, and it seems like it's getting worse for us every year.

This (and a court ruling) is why vendor's have started "upcharging" to user a credit card. We haven't yet for 30 years, but we may be forced to in order to maintain profitability.

It’s foolish not to have a credit card especially if you travel, just pay it off every month. It’s a barrier between your money and the purchase because if your card is stolen it’s the banks problem not yours. A debit card is a direct link to your account and offers less protections. Also, for travel purposes, you cannot rent a car using a debit card.

Yup. We are uber paranoid about stuff - even our direct deposits go into special accounts that are only used as a way-station for ins/outs. They have very low running balances (like under $20) and we transfer money to keep it out of reach.

I once got a credit card in the mail, it was a companion card to my wife's account with a wholly different number. It went from my mailbox to my safe. I NEVER used it, nor did it leave the house. A few months later we get a call from the credit card company that my card (the one in the safe) was SWIPED at a location (for high-dollar shoes) and the charge looked odd so they called us. It took about 30 minutes to convince them we were never in Spokane, never used the card (even online) and had the card in our possession.

Let us know what card offer the best simple cashback and I will change in a heartbeat.

I am also a retailer, and it seems like it's getting worse for us every year.

This (and a court ruling) is why vendor's have started "upcharging" to user a credit card. We haven't yet for 30 years, but we may be forced to in order to maintain profitability.
I don’t have it because it’s a newer card but I think the PNC cash unlimited card is one of best now if looking for a cash rewards card with no annual fee. It’s unlimited 2% cash, no foreign transaction fees, and a visa signature with a few extra protections over the citi Mastercard. $250 bonus now.

PNC’s cash rewards card is also a good card for most individuals on routine purchases. It’s 4% back on gas, 3% restaurants, 2% grocery stores, 1% everything else up to $8000 in spending.

I have a few other cards I use depending on situation. I try to maximize rewards and certain card benefits with no annual fee. I wish the citi Mastercard never changed to “thank you points.” I had more money available as straight cash back before they converted it to points then I had less when I cashed it out. I like simple cash back rewards because very transparent.

Shop at independently owned sporting goods stores, they are the true life blood of our industry. Find a good one and help them grow. Cabelas, bass, Sportsmans, all just Walmarts of the outdoor industry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doctorelvis

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]