What gun do Professional Hunters like to use?

I always thought PH's had the finer looking bolts .. peep sight, shorter barrels, 470 Ackley, worn in, etc?

PH in Zim. carried a Browning safari in 458 WM, and hand loaded for it. PH in TZ had a 416 Rem. in a Rem model 700 push feed. Both wore open sights only.
PH in Namibia carried an attitude, lol.

500 Jeff
404 Jeff
375 H&H

All on Brno ZKK602 actions.....

My personal favorite I’ve seen wasn’t the best model .500 NE DR one of my PH’s carried. Which I loved. And would love to own.

But the very worn model 70 in .458 WM.

Zero blueing left on it. Most of the checkering worn off. That rifle was far more attractive to me.

Since I will never have enough hours of carry to wear my own in that well. I would love to find one.

The issue though is what I love is the wear. And the value comes from putting that wear on yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Desmond12

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia