Don Hinton

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Cape buffalo plains game
Interested in knowing what everyone booked at SCI and DSC. I booked a Buffalo hunt in Caprivi strip for 2024, 2024 deer hunt in Saskatchewan, and red stag and axis deer with my wife in Argentina for 2025. Liked Nashville but thought convention center was small. Your thoughts. Thinking of going to Dallas next year.
don

Sounds like you had a productive trip! I didn’t make it this year but am hoping to go next. What outfit did you go with for stag in Argentina?

Wife and I are booked for buffalo in Zim 2024 with @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS.

Thought the show was great. Talked to several exhibitors who said they were had more money come in at this show than in Reno or Vegas. I'm sure SCI will follow up with the actual numbers, but it was good to hear.

Interested in knowing what everyone booked at SCI and DSC. I booked a Buffalo hunt in Caprivi strip for 2024, 2024 deer hunt in Saskatchewan, and red stag and axis deer with my wife in Argentina for 2025. Liked Nashville but thought convention center was small. Your thoughts. Thinking of going to Dallas next year.
don

You need to adopt a son to take with you on these hunts? I’m just down the road in Greenville! Hahaha

don
Moz leopard in 25 booked due to SCI

Fishing trip for me and the wife in La Paz, Mexico this September

Mixed bag ducks and dove in Argentina for 4 next summer 24

Kodiak Island trip for me and the wife for halibut and salmon in July

Tuskless and a buffalo with Dalton & York September 24

I missed DSC this year for the first time in decades due to my Uganda Safari. I attended SCI and ran into a lot of old friends. The floor was crowded Friday but seemed more manageable Saturday.

My dance card is full this year but I got a chance to tee up a couple of trips for 2024.

I’ll be going back to Uganda for Sesse Island Sitatunga and Cameroon for Forest Sitatunga.

I booked a mountain lion hunt in Utah for the week after Thanksgiving this year, if the snow conditions are good. If not we will move it to January 2024. Booked for buffalo and spotted hyena first week of September 2024 in Zim. Booked for trophy buffalo and own use/non-exportable elephant bull in the Caprivi for 2025. Looking at Australia for water buffalo in 2026 but didn’t book anything for that yet, just considering. This was my first SCI convention and I will say I enjoyed seeing everything and it is nice to be able to sit down and speak with outfitters/PHs face to face. Looking forward to being back in Nashville in 2024 for SCI again.

I am pretty booked up for this year and next but I had a great time at the shows. SCI was great in Nashville and there were so very many new folks there. We went to every banquet and they are always inspiring.
I spent some time with the outfitter I am hunting AK with next year and that was exciting. I tentatively planned a Spain Ibex hunt that my wife will join me on.

While at the DSC, I booked an Arabian Oryx hunt with 777 Ranch in Hondo, Tx owned by PH Jeff Rann.

While at the DSC, I booked an Arabian Oryx hunt with 777 Ranch in Hondo, Tx owned by PH Jeff Rann.
I was supposed to do a conference in San Antonio and looked into a bunch of these oryx hunts. I look forward to hearing about it

don
Who did you book the Sask Deer hunt with?

I was supposed to do a conference in San Antonio and looked into a bunch of these oryx hunts. I look forward to hearing about it

Specifically for these Arabian Oryx, it's one of those deals where it's much cheaper to hunt in Texas. Apparently the 777 was breeding these for sale to "The Prince" in Dubai to restock their natural habitat oh his large personal preserves. Now Dubai has excess animals and the 777 now has an overstocked population themselves thus they put out "a show offer".

I have a gemsbok, several scimitar oryx and a crossbreed gemsbok/scimitar called a scimibok. This will be my 4th type oryx.

don
Hi Don. My husband and I didn’t book anything yet. He may lose his pilots license (medical) so we are waiting until things get straightened out and he is cleared before we book anything. But we did scope things out and are ready to book when we know he has a job! We are wanting to hunt buffalo in Zimbabwe and also go to South Africa near Kruger to dart a rhino and other things.

I too think that SCI was smaller and that there were less vendors but I liked that it was all in one huge room. Unfortunately I didn’t get to cover even half of it even though I was there since Monday (helping set up booths etc). I hardly had time to leave my booth but that is a good thing. It was so fun to meet so many new people (many from here) and also see people from last year.
Rick and I are definitely going to DSC next year. In fact, he booked us a condo yesterday! We might skip SCI next year. Not sure yet.
Glad you had a great week! You have much to look forward to with all the hunts booked! Lucky you!

Cam300- decided on Cazapampa great deal on red stag and accommodations.

tg7891- Northern Sask Wilderness hunts

Fatback- I went with Graham Williams for water buffalo

Don,

I spoke with Grahm for quite a while. Seemed like a good fella. I enjoyed discussing buffalo rifles with him. How’d you like your hunt with him? Did you hunt just buffalo or did you do bantang as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilarEastw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?