What caliber rifle would you use for Leopard?

What caliber rifle would you use for Leopard?

• Total voters
Oh, and I also highly question several of the ”new comers” taste in men. :whistle::D

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who knew AH has potential to become a dating site!:ROFLMAO:

Welcome to AH Jennifer, .300 win short mag will be fine, as long as it is legal where you plan to shoot your leopard.

I wish there were more women here and that they posted regularly.

As a pretty good general rule though with very few exceptions, there are two types of women here:
  1. Real woman only interested in votes for the latest huntress contest. Join, please vote for me, and never be heard from again.
  2. Fake accounts for whatever reason
In the last couple of days I've seen at least five women join
  1. Two to sell elephant tusks
  2. One to get help restoring the fox mount she found on side of road
  3. One with a general welcome (jury still out here)
  4. and one who wants to know if an AR15 is the best rifle for Leopard :rolleyes:
Only way I will believe a woman is real and wants to be a part of the community is over time by her posting and contributing.

I sense you are feeling used by the women in your life?;):D

My caliber/rifle of choice for my Mozambique leopard was my .300 Weatherby with a 168 grain Barnes TTSX bullet.

I think any of the other .300 magnums or even a .30-06 would quickly kill a leopard. The key is to use a rifle you are comfortable and confident with, use a good expanding bullet, and put the bullet in the right place. Simon says "put the bullet on the shoulder." It worked for me. :D

Im from Ohio and have been hunting to Africa 3 times! I have hunted Buffalo (With My husband) Giraffe Elephant and plains game. Africa has gotten into my soul and Have to go back!!!!

Royal, I think you might onto something here. If you've hunted Africa 3 times, and have hunted buffalo, ele & plains game, why would you be asking what caliber to use on a leopard, and list the 223 as a choice??? :eek::eek:

I brought my 300 wsm with 180 grain nosler partion bullets. My PH was happy with that. I would have no problem in the future using 165 grain nosler.

JB, when will you be heading south????

Perhaps it's time for the big boss men to send this thread to the big black hole.

@PeteG , where you hiding??? @Royal27 has been getting abusive without you watching over him.

How about 257 Weatherby Magnum loaded with 100 grain Barnes TSX bullets.

JB, when will you be heading south????
. Hey buddy, we bought a house in Acworth back in October that we're currently renting. The plan is 2019 but you never know. I'd like to go next year. Up to the boss. ;)

. Hey buddy, we bought a house in Acworth back in October that we're currently renting. The plan is 2019 but you never know. I'd like to go next year. Up to the boss. ;)

Outstanding & congrats!!!!! Next time you are in my neck of the woods, let me know, and maybe we can meet. The beer is always cold, and my humidors are always full of premium cigars. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dirk89B86

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?