What broadheads is everyone bringing to Africa this year?

I’m heading over 8/4 for a hunt that should be focused on the tiny ten, but who knows what I will get talked into.

That said I have some heads I didn’t get to shoot my last trip (it would have made me one and done if it was my first) that I’m excited to try this year as well as some tried and true heads.

New:
Vector VBS
Slicktrick SS3
Beast
Sevr

Tried:
SlickTrick Magnum
G5 Megameat
Iron Will

What are you all going to be shooting?

Always iron wills over here. If we were pulling more draw weight, perhaps we'd go with a larger cutting surface broadhead. (e.g. for elephant)

We have not found a broadhead made of better steel with a proper edge geometry than the iron will as of yet.

We have not tried tuffheads.

Were I to pack my bags right now Slicktrick Magnums would always be there. Dropped my blue wildebeest on my first hunt, and they are tough as nails. Then on my last hunt passed through on a blesbok like it wasn't there. Worked wonders on a nyala too. They are tried and true, the 30-06 of broadheads to me. I tune them with my field points to the same point and I have complete confidence they'd work magic on any of the tiny 10 to an eland of the shot is true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetNarva

Latest profile posts

jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com