What are my options for a current production crf 375 h&h rifle?

Sako 85 Kodiak - 375 H&H:
The Sako 85 Kodiak was designed with the true hunter in mind. The straight, weatherproof stock is made of grey laminated hardwood and reinforced with two cross-bolts. The short, free-floating medium contour barrel features adjustable open sights and a band-type front swivel. The barrel is cold hammer- forged using high-grade alloy stainless steel. The bolt, receiver and detachable magazine are also made of stainless steel, and provide reliable functioning under severe weather conditions.

Sako Kodiak are purpose-oriented weapons for bear hunters. Bear models feature adjustable fast target acquisition iron sights and a detachable staggered two-row steel magazine with TLC, preventing unintentional magazine release. They can be top-loaded and have controlled cartridge feed, an adjustable single stage trigger and a barrel band for front swivel, plus mechanical case ejection. They are also equipped with integral dovetail rails for secure scope mounting.

If I could justify the expense (by hunting in Africa regularly... not yet, one day...), a Heym Express would completely be worth the cash and worth the wait. I have a Heym SR20 in .30-06 (unfortunately too much gun for a light rifle, IMO) but the quality is completely there.

Beautiful rifles. Two features I don't care for are push feed and detachable box magazine. Otherwise they appear to be a wonderfully built rifle.

I have no comment on R8's. Never owned one. Heard great things. Never interested me.
One could argue about Sako being controlled round vs. push feed all day - so I won't get into that. I will say this the detachable magazine on the sako 85's is preferable to hinged floor plate in my opinion - the magazine locks into place - not only do you have to push the button to release it, but you have to simultaneously push the magazine up - I'd be shocked if some accidentally removed the magazine

One could argue about Sako being controlled round vs. push feed all day - so I won't get into that. I will say this the detachable magazine on the sako 85's is preferable to hinged floor plate in my opinion - the magazine locks into place - not only do you have to push the button to release it, but you have to simultaneously push the magazine up - I'd be shocked if some accidentally removed the magazine
Yup, lots of speculation from people who have no first hand experience. They mostly weigh in with second rate opinions. I own two SAKO’s in .375H&H; one has a floor plate, that if bumped just right, could allow the release to trigger and open, thus dumping the cartridges. Not the case with my model 85 L in .375H&H it has a magazine that holds 4 rounds and as described locks into place flush and the release is not exposed.
I’ve killed many animals with both and post details about it. If it had any issues or problems with either, I would be the first to tell about it. And, in detail! Then I would fix the problem or replace the rifle and post about it…

I’ve also posted a couple videos of how the ejection on my 85 L works and how the claw grabs/grips the brass and maintains it. Not to prove a point, more out of curiosity and to help others appreciate the difference in how they work.

I have no objection to push feed rifles either! I’ve got plenty of those that have killed a lot of animals and never failed either! One Is based on a Model 700 with an M-16 style claw extractor and it is push feed and it works flawlessly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnsonThompson

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia