Western Hartebeest Pictures

Spear Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2014
AH elite
Reviews
1
Joined
Jan 16, 2010
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
4,490
Location
Limpopo, South Africa
Website
www.spearsafaris.com
Deals & offers
55
Media
1,788
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Member of
Life Member of SCI, DSC, PHASA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana, Benin, Burkina Faso, Mozambique, Tanzania, USA, Phillipines
Here is a particularly large Western Hartebeest From Burkina, January 2016
DSCN3513.jpg
 
the next one of these ,I see will be the second one ive seen , but he looks to have a big bell on him and his tops are wicked ........
do you have any other pictures of him so I can see a;lll the detail
thanks for showing us
 
Interesting animal! Have not seen one of these. Doesn't look that much different from my red hartebeest so I couldn't tell them apart.
 
Nice, I'm jealous, he is very nice!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Some from AH Photo Gallery…

watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pictures of Western Hartebeest from Benin.
You can find this specie in Benin, Burkina faso and Cameroon.
Do you know that it is the largest hartebeest of the 5 huntable species on license.
The weight of a big bull can reach 220 kg (485Ibs). I it a gregarious specie (up to 25 animals) with one mature bull. Bachelor herd and lone bull is common and it is usually what we look for. As you know it is a strong animal and one have to use a good caliber.

Enjoy some pictures
Christophe

DSC00748.JPG
DSC00737.JPG
DSC02097.JPG
DSC00732.JPG
DSC01352.JPG
DSC01933.JPG
DSC01934.JPG
 

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Western Hartebeest - North Cameroon Savannah, with Safaris Chelet!!! Season 2016.

full
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,282
Messages
1,570,565
Members
168,905
Latest member
Jamal23F35
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top