Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

Got a 4 day holiday weekend. Supposed to be 108-109 for the next 5 days. Brutal.
Why I no longer live there. Great place to visit family, in winter.

It's 61 F and sunny here in Alaska.

It's 9:26pm where I am in Tennessee:
Currently: 80°F
Feels like: 85°F
Humidity: 76%
Dew Pount: 72°F
Wind: Calm

Overnight Low: 71°F

4 fans circulating the air in the house and I'm sweating just seating here.
I don't particularly care for air conditioning until the temps move into the 90°F range. I think I'm about to change that to the 80°F range, as the rest of this week into next week temps are predicted to remain in the upper 80's low 90's and I'm tired of this hot weather.

It’s a steam bath outside. Great corn growing weather, but it sucks being outside even at night. Supposed to get rain tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully the rain will stop just long enough for some fireworks.

I just returned from three days on horseback clearing trails of deadfall timber at elevations from 9000-11,200 feet above sea level. Yesterday morning, we woke up to SNOW on July 2nd! It was snowing big flakes and we had a skiff on the ground. We hung around in camp until 7:30am when the clouds started breaking off. The rest of the day was partly cloudy with a cool wind. I wore a base layer, a shirt and a Kuiu rain jacket and was still a bit cold when we rode above treeline at times! My wife said it was in the 80s yesterday at our home, a 40 degree difference from the high country! Today was warmer with very little wind in the high country. When I got home at 6100 feet this afternoon, it was 88F down here.

Memphis has been a sauna the last few days. I grew up in Beaumont Tx so I thought I would be somewhat accustomed to heat and humidity but the older I get the less I tolerate it.
1720058449035.jpeg

Memphis has been a sauna the last few days. I grew up in Beaumont Tx so I thought I would be somewhat accustomed to heat and humidity but the older I get the less I tolerate it.
View attachment 617622

I think I'll just stay over here in my part of Tennessee. At least I can go into the mountains where it's 5 degrees cooler than where I'm at and 10 to 15 degrees cooler than where you are at.
Not to rub it in but are you all expecting any rain for the weekend?

Good morning from the mountains in the heart of the Eje Cafetero. We are having an unusually wet and cold winter. It has been staying in the 60's during the days and dropping to the lower 50's in the nights. Fog drifts in day and night with steady rain. We have had a lot of landslides shutting down the roads but the road crews clear them out quickly. However, they are predicting one of the best coffee harvests in over 12 years.

A few shots taken from our balcony.

Last night
balcon anoche.jpg

This morning
lluvia y niebla.jpg

One of our few clear moments this week
balcon tarde.jpg

Safe travels

Last edited:
78 this morning, but 100* in pm
hurricane Beryle has set its crosshairs on us, hopefully we don’t get a wind shear

Hurricane Beryl projected track basically over my house currently. Land fall still 50-60 hrs out so with movement north in past 24 hrs, I’m betting it slides by to the east of me. Fingers crossed.

Woke up this morning, upstairs unit was struggling. Has been in the 90’s for 4 of last 5 days in East TN-hot for us.

Went downstairs and the thermostat read 81 degrees, I thought, “no bueno.” Made my coffee and waited for 0800 to call the man.

By the time I called, both units had failed.

89 degrees outside, 84 inside when he arrived. As he was working on one unit, the fan burned out. He looked at the other, it too was retired. My wife was not impressed with the diagnosis, but she wasn’t going to leave the dogs.

Currently, it is a balmy 81 in the house. Hope he can get a motor for the one Monday morning. Other unit will have to be replaced ASAP. Hahahahahahha, just have to laugh at the universe sometimes.

Glad I have two shop fans. Both pointed at the bed.

Lord, I miss the AC.

We are cooking up here in Colorado Springs!!! We had a full on 75° day today :LOL:
Lived in Tucson and Phoenix for 35 years and saw 122° days!
NO THANK YOU!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorineWhit

Latest profile posts

expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Total con artist! Bradley Joseph Clemens!
expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Regarding Senga Senga. Brad Clemens. Do your research with him. He owes people money…took deposits, no hunt! Two words, for anyone who wants to hire him…..background check. His character shows and this character follows every aspect of his life. Not to be trusted at all!
Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here
swag05 wrote on Inline6's profile.
Is the Americas still available? Does it have wheels? I am interested
matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.