Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

Yep. Looks like he might even be a 7x7.
Enjoy the “close up and personal” view of those elk there. If you ever go on a public land rifle hunt, guided or not, you’ll never see ANY elk anywhere near that close or standing around like that. I’m sure you know that, but many on here don’t. Enjoy your vacation!

yup, i am aware.

as crafty and skittish as the white tails we hunt on my property north of Baton Rouge. totally get it.

I've seen much worse. Those elk don't look too bad. After all it's the time of year for lowest body mass. Many of the mature bulls here have already shed. Occasionally a few spikes showing up in the larger herds.

And @sgt_zim, I was only half kidding about Jeffrey City and Muddy Gap Junction. :) Both are the antithesis of places like Jackson and the Great Teats. My favorite areas in Wyo would include the likes of Lander, La Barge, Marbleton, Big PIney, Ten Sleep, Shell, Greybull and similar. Pinedale is ok but it seems to be trying to evolve into places like Jackson. For hustle and bustle and seasonal activity and variety of touri associated with the park- Cody isn't bad. Of course wind is a common resource in many places there :)

Last edited:
Only 3" of snow (supposed to have been 6+ Bastards!) and still lightly snowing, 31 feels like 19 now. I would be grilling, but since it's St. Patrick's Day, I have a corned beef, potatoes and cabbage in a crockpot in the garage cooking. My wife won't let me cook it in the house. LOL

Luckily our cold front passed quickly and we're back to nice spring time temperatures here in Florida. The house is wide open and the breeze coming in from the Gulf of Mexico is keeping it a nice mid-70's. Yeah! ;-P

Luckily our cold front passed quickly and we're back to nice spring time temperatures here in Florida. The house is wide open and the breeze coming in from the Gulf of Mexico is keeping it a nice mid-70's. Yeah! ;-P
Don't forget to close up the house when the next hurricane comes? Soon! LOL

I'm very much enjoying this mini heatwave here in Milwaukee.

70 yesterday, 60ish today, it's been lovely. Back to sleety rain tomorrow though and there might even be snow.

I just hope that wasn't the entirety of summer...

It's been a crazy winter, and now we are going into spring, AKA Break Up. Freeze and thaw makes for wonderful road conditions. And parking lots with snow/ice potholes.
Screenshot_20220317-181501_WTForecast.jpg

24 now, feels like 10. Light snow last night.

Might get down to 28 tonight? I'll have to spray the stuff growing with water to protect it from freezer burn. Tree/plant buds are especially vulnerable. Yahoo!

High of 62 today and lower tomorrow. Lows last night were only in the upper 40's due to the cloud cover and rain that we got before the sun came up.

Headed to Denver in the AM and am crossing my fingers that the roads are still warm enough that the snow doesn't stick. I looked at traffic cameras this morning and the freeway was just wet but I know just how fast that can change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3chunter

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!