Weirdest animal shot and what with?

Aardwolf with Ruger African 275 Rigby
20200813_173443.jpg

Can’t think of anything weird I’ve killed but here is a mule deer doe I have on trail camera for five years in a row. She has a velvet growth over her right eye that get a bit bigger each year. She typically has twin fawns-
4A35921C-C48D-42A4-ADF6-3D0FF47D4745.jpeg
6320DA56-6609-4D15-AA20-2C4135C9199D.jpeg
329A3A19-514B-4319-B31C-CD5DBEAB2094.jpeg

If Bob is drinking what I’m thinking Bob is drinking then yes I’m drinking what Bob is drinking. I think everyone should drink what Bob drinks. :)
@Randy
Y'all shoulnt be drikin an writin ya neva no wot you will end up writin.
Randy Bundy is an Australian rum. Easy drinking but can give a bitch of a head ache and you never know what your likely to see. Jackalopes and sabre tooth field mice are common along with the occasional pink elefant and other weird stuff.
It soothes aches, pains and all manner of kills but be warned it bite is worse than its bark.
Bob.

Woodcock at six feet with 3½" 00 Buck. Head, wings and feet left over.
@Forrest Halley
Dan young Forrest that's only a little one. Over here in OZ we've got bigger house flies than that and we shoot them with a 22 rimfire so as not to make to big a mess inside. Head shots work best.
Hopefully @CBH Chris will join us and regale us with some of his adventures.
Did I ever tell you about the time I got a bull elk at 250 yards with my high powered daisy red rider bb gun.
That's a story for another time.
Bob

@Randy
Y'all shoulnt be drikin an writin ya neva no wot you will end up writin.
Randy Bundy is an Australian rum. Easy drinking but can give a bitch of a head ache and you never know what your likely to see. Jackalopes and sabre tooth field mice are common along with the occasional pink elefant and other weird stuff.
It soothes aches, pains and all manner of kills but be warned it bite is worse than its bark.
Bob.
Knot shur wut yer taukin abowt. Bundy aynt nevur fekted me lyk dat.
(Bobz luzin it)

My strangest was probably a pair of ground squirrels I killed with a single shot from a .22 LR. Went for a long walk to settle my mind and think things over on the morning of my wedding 39-1/2 years ago. Took the .22 along as I usually did and still do on such walks. On my way back after a couple KM hike, and just as I went past one of our barns, I saw a ground squirrel sticking its head out of a burrow it had dug under the foundation. A quick snap shot and was surprised to find two dead "gophers" where I had only noticed one. Took it as a good luck sign. All this time later, I'm still married to the same woman, and still think it was a very good decision.

Wot got Shot in Africa was weird to me. But dem warty hogs are cool.

I gotta cat dere one time and it was heavy cause I had ta hide it, mmm fat cat heavy,Mmm, fulla, arms and legs feral bastardz,

Uh, Bob says if getta ought six “n” maka Wheel-one from it I can shoot big stuff 2.

Gunna hide me 2 fourty 3 cause Bob wants the barrel to cook marshmallows when his telling lies at the campfire, an I’m gonna knead it for drop bears cause we be drinking square bear right from the bottle an, the next day we probly do it all again.

Rabid red fox that was charging right up the road at me. Nailed him at 15 feet with a 22lrhp.

Like post 2, baboon. Also with a .375 and 300 gr Nosler Partition. I didn't want it but my PH asked me to shoot it for a client before me who wanted one but didn't connect.

Really not into shooting odd animals for the sake of shooting odd animals. Interesting question though. So within normal game animal group I'd have to say the Red Hartebeest. To me anyway, an impressive, large and tough animal. Obviously odd because of the horn geometry and for being on the receiving end of so many "why the long face" jokes. Oh, with an '06, off the sticks at about 150 yds.

I remember as a kid, being mad at my Mom, so I got my little Daisy Red Rider B.B. gun and shot one of the hummingbirds that frequented her feeder. The thing basically exploded. Hard to believe from just a little B.B. I think the only way I'd do something like that now is if I had a big feed of what Bob's drinkin'. I've never tried (or ever heard of) Bundy, but maybe one day.....

I don't have a pic, but I once shot a 5' shovel-nosed shark that was nosing about in the shallows (must've been sick!) with my Ruger M77 .30/06 (that made him terminally sick!). (y)

(Dis)honourable mentions:
Many years ago, when WA had a duck season, my mother collected a No. 4 pellet in her top lip from my brother who had fired at a low swinging duck.

Then during next year's season, my brother-in-law put a pellet into his mate's thigh.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elise15I75

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles