Waterbuck opinion

I have to disagree with you on this on Ontario, and I get that it's a personal thing.

One of my hunting buddies never smiles, and I harass him about it. His response is "act like you've been there before."

I call BS on that. If it ever gets to the point where I don't smile over a successful hunt, then it's not a matter of "acting like I've been there before." It has moved into the realm of "I've been there too damn long" and I need to find something else to do.

Success at any thing should be a cause for joy. After all the many hunting adventures during which I have experienced success, over the course of my 57 years, each and every time feels like the first time, and my face will show it. I am a Bible believing Christian. I get what you say. I have reverence for the animal I have just killed. But I also recognize success is not guaranteed, and I find joy in succeeding.

To the post's author, my apologies for going down a rabbit hole. And if any of you are of a mindset like Ontario's, I respect your right to approach your successes that way. But for me, I'm going to smile. I'm going to feel exuberant. :A Thumbs Up: And when my hunting buddies succeed? They know that hugs, verbal congrats, and fist bumps are coming.
I have to agree with you. If you cannot feel joy, and are ashamed of something that you have accomplished, it's time to move on to other things.

Opposite end of the spectrum. First Africa Safari, first Africa animal. Ben Pringle PH, Nick Bowker Safaris in the east cape. I also could not can not judge trophy quality on the fly. We were not hunting water buck at the time but I distinctly remember Ben almost hissing “waterbuck, bloody big one.”
At the time I was too stupid to realize what a stud he was thinking good specimen. After 3 trips over planning 4th still get chills thinking about the way different PHs display how excited they are over a particular specimen.
Trust PH to judge my job is make first shot count after being told shoot.

View attachment 626486View attachment 626487
Great place to go hunting for waterbuck, they have some huge ones there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinnn

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]