Was anyone flying Delta 200 on Monday night?

Plane took off after a delay because of a passenger wanting to get off and the bag needed to be retrieved. Take off was smooth and when the pilot started to climb after init takeoff the plane dropped. He said we had an electrical issue and we spent next hour plus burning fuel. Made an emergency landing greeted by fire trucks who had to cool the brakes off because the plane was so heavy.

Delta stranded a lot of people some finally got out today. We were delayed two days and were lucky to get the seats we did. Paid for premium and wound up in coach. some of the coach people were upgraded to premium. So much for being Diamond and getting a ticket well in advance.

we landed safe, that is the most important thing,

I had heard that the return flight from Johannesburg to Atlanta was going to first go to Cape Town to top off fuel because of the take off limitations in Johannesburg being at higher elevations. That’s after they switched to the Airbus planes.

I have seen this comment before and not sure of it's accuracy. Yes, JNB is high elevation, about 5500 ft. Cape Town, near sea level. However, JNB has a 14,500' long runway and Cape Town is 10,000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevin375

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?