Wanted - Smaller Caliber Double Rifle - Side by Side

Not because I'm the brand's product manager, but if I was going to get a small-caliber side-by-side double, I'd get a Chapuis. As others have said, the X4 is easy to scope and re-regulate, is short, light and handy, it retails for mid $7k and it comes in .30-06 and 9.3x74R. Also, I believe that William Larkin Moore has a few other Chapuis models in smaller calibers (I have just directed a gentleman to that store who wanted a .30-30 double).

I normally don't shill for my brand but I think this platform is truly a great value.
Hello Tom,

I'm the OP on this post and the person that was commenting on some of the benefits of the X4. I just wanted to give you some constructive feedback as a potential customer as you are the product manager.

I reached out to Chapuis USA through their website and asked a number of questions using the contact form about largest dealers and if they knew if any dealers had inventory, I asked about availability if I placed an order with a dealer. No response received to date.

I reached out to a number of dealers who I thought would be major Chapuis resellers, their product knowledge was exceptionally poor, no knowledge on availability, no knowledge on if I could still order RGEX or UGEX custom models. No one got back with me yet.

As a business owner I always appreciate feedback, it is not always good but is always an opportunity to improve. I feel Chapuis US has some room for improvement. Maybe I'm just talking to the wrong people.

Attachments

• ENGRAVED CHAPUIS EXPRESS DOUBLE RIFLE COMBO GUN for sale.pdf
    343.9 KB · Views: 17
  • FRANCOTTE DOUBLE RIFLE for sale.pdf
    334.6 KB · Views: 21
Hello Tom,

I'm the OP on this post and the person that was commenting on some of the benefits of the X4. I just wanted to give you some constructive feedback as a potential customer as you are the product manager.

I reached out to Chapuis USA through their website and asked a number of questions using the contact form about largest dealers and if they knew if any dealers had inventory, I asked about availability if I placed an order with a dealer. No response received to date.

I reached out to a number of dealers who I thought would be major Chapuis resellers, their product knowledge was exceptionally poor, no knowledge on availability, no knowledge on if I could still order RGEX or UGEX custom models. No one got back with me yet.

As a business owner I always appreciate feedback, it is not always good but is always an opportunity to improve. I feel Chapuis US has some room for improvement. Maybe I'm just talking to the wrong people.
Hi, thank you for your message. I’ll see what I can do to ensure that Chapuis questions from customers are always channeled to me—we are part of Benelli USA and our customer service are swamped with 5 different brands (not that it’s an excuse) so something slips through the cracks from time to time. Sorry about the silence from us.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to reach out to me directly here on AH. (That goes for everyone else interested in Chapuis!) so shoot me a PM with anything you want to know.

Hi, thank you for your message. I’ll see what I can do to ensure that Chapuis questions from customers are always channeled to me—we are part of Benelli USA and our customer service are swamped with 5 different brands (not that it’s an excuse) so something slips through the cracks from time to time. Sorry about the silence from us.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to reach out to me directly here on AH. (That goes for everyone else interested in Chapuis!) so shoot me a PM with anything you want to know.
Tom,

Thank you for stepping up and taking on my Chapuis questions directly by PM, that is much appreciated . Thanks for sharing your information to other members on here and offering to help others too. I'm sure at least one Chapuis double rifle is going to be in my collection in the future, it may be new or it may be used, a few opportunities are showing promise.

How does the Beretta ownership effect the pricing you mentioned? I noticed the Chapuis shotguns are a lot more expensive than they used to be (at least at my local dealer).

Also, do they make a double in .22 Hornet?

Hi, Tank--it's hard to say how the Beretta ownership has affected prices in the US, because prior to Benelli USA's involvement (we are now the sole distributor), Chapuis was imported into the US by no fewer than 13 different independent companies. So it's hard for me to pinpoint a general increase or decrease in price, since every one of these importers set their own prices.

What I do know is that with the pandemic production costs have risen in both Italy and France, primarily because some of the smaller suppliers were forced out of business by the draconian regulations there.

As for the double in .22 Hornet, yes, they do make it by special order. I'm fairly sure they can do the RGEX in that caliber, and perhaps even the UGEX and the REX. Please let me know which one you would be interested in, and I can put you in touch with a dealer that can quote you price and ETA. Shoot me a PM if you're interested--no obligation, of course.

I just acquired my Chapuis 30-30 yesterday from William Larkin Moore & Sons per the recommendation of Tom Leoni. I'm very pleased with the overall look and feel of the rifle. I will be shooting it tomorrow for the first time with a few different loads and will post the results. WLM had one more 30-30 available and a .22 Hornet as well.

IMG_1104.jpg
IMG_1105.jpg
IMG_1106.jpg
IMG_1107.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For whoever cares: I shot my new Chapuis 30-30 this morning using the Hornady 150 gr. American Whitetail InterLock and the 160 gr. LEVERevolution. Disclaimer: I am no expert marksmen by any stretch of the imagination. I shot standing from a pair of shooting sticks, but ironically my best 100 yard group was off-hand. For me the rifle hit 2-3" high at 50 yards and 2-3" low at 100 yards. I only hit the 10" plate 1 out of 4 shots at 150 yards but by then the barrel and the shooter were getting too hot in this scorching Alabama heat. Overall, I'm pleased with the rifle and my eyes are still good enough that I'm going to hold off on adding a red-dot or magnified scope as long as I can.

Hornady 160 gr. LEVERevolution FTX.jpg
Hornady 150 gr American Whietail InterLock-2.jpg
Hornady 150 gr American Whietail InterLock-100 yds.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just acquired my Chapuis 30-30 yesterday from William Larkin Moore & Sons per the recommendation of Tom Leoni. I'm very pleased with the overall look and feel of the rifle. I will be shooting it tomorrow for the first time with a few different loads and will post the results. WLM had one more 30-30 available and a .22 Hornet as well.

View attachment 613506View attachment 613507View attachment 613508View attachment 613509
Gorgeous rifle!! I'm jealous.

For whoever cares: I shot my new Chapuis 30-30 this morning using the Hornady 150 gr. American Whitetail InterLock and the 160 gr. LEVERevolution. Disclaimer: I am no expert marksmen by any stretch of the imagination. I shot standing from a pair of shooting sticks, but ironically my best 100 yard group was off-hand. For me the rifle hit 2-3" high at 50 yards and 2-3" low at 100 yards. I only hit the 10" plate 1 out of 4 shots at 150 yards but by then the barrel and the shooter were getting too hot in this scorching Alabama heat. Overall, I'm pleased with the rifle and my eyes are still good enough that I'm going to hold off on adding a red-dot or magnified scope as long as I can.

View attachment 613705View attachment 613706View attachment 613707
Not too shabby!

I just wanted to come back to this as the OP to let all who posted and contacted me that I decided to purchase a Chapuis REX single trigger double rifle in 30-06 from a member on this site. I'm excited to get my hands on the gun and try it out.

A special word of thanks to Tom Leoni who is the manufacturers rep who provided information on the Chapuis doubles and new pricing and delivery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xihequliu56

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's