Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
I think it’s time that I started prepping for another buffalo hunt. If anyone has a No 1 with the 24” D weight barrel (9 1/4#) that you would be willing to part with please PM me.

Thanks!

Not sure if you meant 450/400?

Also not sure on the barrel either but saw this-

IMG_5411.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap, I did mean 450/400.

And thanks, I’ve checked on this one, it’s the light contour.

IIRC, a Lipsey’s employee on the Ruger forum said Ruger only made 32 of the “D” profile .450/.400 rifles as opposed to the more common “C” profile barrels.

I’ve heard different numbers from 32 to 135. Regardless, it’s a small number. If I find one great, if not, I’ve got plenty of rifles. IMO, the C contour barrel is just too light for that caliber. D is on the low end.

Not sure on how to change the extraction and “bolt” face on a #1 but a re-bore or a new barrel on this could be a good project.

For the price it would allow some wiggle room

I need someone to buy it so I’m not tempted!

IMG_5412.jpeg

Don't be afraid of the lighter barrels. I was at first with mine but it has been a fantastic rifle and still a soft shooter. Handles like a dream too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherrillNe

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]