Wanted Premium 9.3 Bullets (For Reloading) In Canada

Just a dude in BC

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa
Hey all,

So it looks like I will be hunting next summer in SA, but I am having a heck of a time finding premium 9.3 286gr bullets in Canada. I have googled extensively looking for:
-NorthFork soft point
-Norma Oryx
-Swift A-frame
-Nosler partition

All I can find is 1 box (50) of Northforks at Prophet river, and what I would really like is about 150 of any of the above from the same lot. Anyone aware of a company that has a stash? Or does anyone have a stash they would not mind parting with (In Canada)?

Rounds will be used in a PG rifle, but since a buff is on the menu, I would not mind having the pg rifle ready for buff if one pops up.

I don't have bullets but i have hundreds of once used brass if you are interested

have you tried ammoseek.com or wikiarms.com?

Hawk makes a pretty stiff 285 gr bullet. Hammer makes premium monometals, but their heaviest 9.3 bullet is 258 gr, I believe.

Midway and @RAVEN ROCKS PRECISION are both showing 286 gr A Frames in stock. Don't know if they ship to Canada or not, tho.

Hawk makes a pretty stiff 285 gr bullet. Hammer makes premium monometals, but their heaviest 9.3 bullet is 258 gr, I believe.

Midway and @RAVEN ROCKS PRECISION are both showing 286 gr A Frames in stock. Don't know if they ship to Canada or not, tho.
Thanks, though I have had huge problems getting stuff shipped to Canada. Hilariously Canada does not care about the import, but the USA hates the export.

Thanks, though I have had huge problems getting stuff shipped to Canada. Hilariously Canada does not care about the import, but the USA hates the export.
Try PM'ing Raven Rock. He's pretty responsive.

Try PM'ing Raven Rock. He's pretty responsive.
Official export is somewhat of a pain. We've been working imports for a while and it's been pretty difficult and slow going as well. Eventually we'll do more with that as the business grows and we can get more help, but it's going to take some time. I recognize the demand signal though.

Hey Just a Dude,
You could try X-reload in Quebec

Official export is somewhat of a pain. We've been working imports for a while and it's been pretty difficult and slow going as well. Eventually we'll do more with that as the business grows and we can get more help, but it's going to take some time. I recognize the demand signal though.
Yea if you could sort out easy ways to import to Canada, it would open up some business for sure!

I have 100 Swift A-Frame 300 gr bullets plus 82 German Starkmantel (strong jacketed) 262 gr bullets.

I have 1bx -50 Barnes TSX 286gr. 1bx-50 Hornady Interlock 286gr.

Sorry I'm in Saskatchewan.

I’ve used Accubonds with great success in Africa, if you really want the brand of bullets that you state either Prophet River or I-runguns will import them for you if you can find someone willing to sell them to you and work with you, it does take a while to get them thoug, I’ve used Prophet River a few times to import components I couldn’t get in Canada. Also Midway refuses to export to Canada In any shape of from. Also it’s not chea.

try-x-reload.com, fast service and they have what you need.
1699706002142.png

there also is a good stash of 9.3 bullets in my reloading room on the north island to feed my 9.3s ...which range do you go to in Victoria?

Multiple boxes of the Barnes in stock if that helps any.
Ellwood Epps in Severn, ON
Screenshot_20231111_084650_Samsung Internet.jpg

very difficult to get anything ammunition related across the border. Fortunately 9.3 are reasonably popular here.

Hey all,

So it looks like I will be hunting next summer in SA, but I am having a heck of a time finding premium 9.3 286gr bullets in Canada. I have googled extensively looking for:
-NorthFork soft point
-Norma Oryx
-Swift A-frame
-Nosler partition

All I can find is 1 box (50) of Northforks at Prophet river, and what I would really like is about 150 of any of the above from the same lot. Anyone aware of a company that has a stash? Or does anyone have a stash they would not mind parting with (In Canada)?

Rounds will be used in a PG rifle, but since a buff is on the menu, I would not mind having the pg rifle ready for buff if one pops up.
i might have 4 boxes of oryx bullet in 285-286 grains and im in canada. ...

Hey all,

-NorthFork soft point
-Norma Oryx
-Swift A-frame
-Nosler partition

Reloading International has your North Fork bullets. Check their website. Great people.

When I can't get North Fork for my 9.3x62, I use Nosler AccuBond.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MargieGram

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)