Wanted pre-‘64 Model 70 .243

gbflyer

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Looking for a good clean one for a young lady in Alaska.

I saw one for sale a few weeks ago at a shop here in Texas. It wasn’t a collector piece, but was fair priced for the condition it was in and would be a great one to use as intended.

I just shot one of the guys at the shop a text and will PM you if they still have it. @Mark Biggerstaff I know y’all have been seeing a few more Pre64’s as of late, is there one in back?

I saw one for sale a few weeks ago at a shop here in Texas. It wasn’t a collector piece, but was fair priced for the condition it was in and would be a great one to use as intended.

I just shot one of the guys at the shop a text and will PM you if they still have it. @Mark Biggerstaff I know y’all have been seeing a few more Pre64’s as of late, is there one in back?

Thank you!

Not common, but should be easier to find than say, a 300 Savage................Good luck. Will keep looking for you......always happy to get young women involved in hunting............FWB

I have a really nice Kimber 243 I baught when I lived in MN.for coyotes very nice wood can get you pictures if interested

Looking for a good clean one for a young lady in Alaska.
Got one! I think it was the first year ( maybe 1957) Winchester manufactured the .243. No BS, this gun is very close to perfect. Barrel is still excellent and it shoots within a half inch with cheap ammo. PM me if interested.

Will look and see what might have Monday. Boss probably has one or two in collection. They will be mint guns tho.

@gbflyer I have a lovely pre-64 featherweight made in 1956 if I recall correctly. It was new and unfired when we bought it 15 years ago. You'll have to forgive its injustices, but we took a perfectly mint one and chopped the stock down to British dimensions, did a red alkanet finish on it, installed talley bases, and NECG orange pads (silvers copies) in 1.25" and .75" with a quick detach bracket.

Every one of my kids took their first deer (and bear, and hind) with that rifle. My youngest is now 11 and we're about ready to move it on.

It has zero collector value remaining because we modified the stock to fit women and children, but it looks like a proper English Mauser and its wonderfully accurate.

PM if interested.

Still looking. As the OP states, it’s Alaska so if the shipping gives you pause don’t waste your time. Thank you!

Cabelas in Wheeling WV just put one on GI this morning.It has a laminated stock so that would be a plus for Alaska.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GabrielleB

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg