Wanted Krieghoff double rifle 416 rigby or 375 h&h

Buckmaster1

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Good morning I just fishing to see if anyone might have a nice krieghoff double rifle in 416 rigby or 375 h&h as a second for the new krieghoff I ordered in 450-400 caliber? I am a double rifle enthusiast thanks

I’m reasonably sure krieghoff has never made a double in 416 Rigby. Did you mean 500/416? Also, there’s very few folks that have a double rifle at all even within this forum. Lastly, most of those double would be chambered in more popular nitro express calibers rather than 375 H&H or flanged.

When I ordered the 450-400 Pam at Alamo sports 416 was an option also 375 h&h but didn’t want to wait another year and half. Champlin in ok has a 375 flanged but the heym 375 and chapuis 375 are both h&h and I’m not really wanting to purchase flanged ammunition. Thank you for the input though

When I ordered the 450-400 Pam at Alamo sports 416 was an option also 375 h&h but didn’t want to wait another year and half. Champlin in ok has a 375 flanged but the heym 375 and chapuis 375 are both h&h and I’m not really wanting to purchase flanged ammunition. Thank you for the input though

Presently Krieghoff doesn't list 416 Rigby as a cartridge for the Classic Big Five rifle. Maybe they did when you ordered yours.

From: https://www.krieghoff.com/firearm/classic-big-five-double-rifle/

"CLASSIC “BIG FIVE” DOUBLE RIFLE. THE BIG GAME VERSION OF THE CLASSIC HAS ALL THE ATTRIBUTES OF THE LEGENDARY SAFARI RIFLES.​

1724353626946.png

Nothing epitomizes the skills and experience needed for a successful hunt like taking game with a classic double rifle. Prized by dangerous game hunters for years the classic double rifle provides the security and reliability when each shot really counts. The Krieghoff Classic "Big Five" Double Rifle combines the heritage of the traditional side-by-side and the sophistication of the most modern design and manufacturing technology. The CLASSIC is available in the most common and suitable calibers. Krieghoff’s master gunmakers combined both traditional wisdom and innovative ideas to build a rifle that provides the ultimate in safety and reliability and a wide range of features that ensure smooth, quick, and accurate shooting. In addition to the superb handling of the rifle, a most important feature is the manual cocking device, which is located on the top tang, in the position usually occupied by a conventional safety. It allows carrying the CLASSIC fully loaded with the hammers uncocked – the safest position since there is no chance of an accidental discharge. Craig Boddington, an accomplished hunter and knowledgeable writer remarks: “After using it in the field, I am increasingly impressed with your cocking device versus a traditional safety. Great rifle, and of course it performed wonderfully.”"

CALIBERS:
.375 H&H Mag.
.450/.400 N.E.
.500/.416 N.E. (3-1/4")
.470 N.E
.500 N.E (3')

Heym does however offer model 88B: https://www.heymusa.com/rifles/88b.html
and in model 89B: https://www.heymusa.com/rifles/89b.html
300 Win Mag,
375 H&H Belted Mag,
375 H&H Flanged Mag,
416 Rigby,
416/500 NE,
450/400 NE 3",
450 NE 3.25",
470 NE, 500 NE,
577 NE, 20 ga

Krieghoff developed the .500/.416 to basically replicate the ballistics of the .416 Rigby in a rimmed cartridge. As a result, I don't recall ever seeing one in .416 Rigby.

Well I do stand corrected but if no one has a 375 h&h I might just have to go with a 500-416 thanks

Well I do stand corrected but if no one has a 375 h&h I might just have to go with a 500-416 thanks

It's a great caliber. Ammo and components are readily available. It hits hard. Has great penetration. Recoil is manageable.

.450/.400 would have slightly less recoil at the expense of some velocity.

Well I had 1 person pm me and said he has a 500-416 laying around he said but no pics and straight to pm kinda made me hesitate a little as I haven’t responded to that message yet. Thank you guys for the input maybe one will pop up as I said I collect double rifles. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do since I was a boy and now that I’m in my 60s, I’m gonna try to make my dream come true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonroeDeva

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!