Wanted 7600 Carbines

Mine will bughole at 100 when cold
OLDSCHOOL280 — I believe you But - “cold” is only for ONE Shot…what about the next 2-4 for your “group”? Although - that 1st cold shot is what counts when hunting.

my 760 and 7600 rems in 3006 will shoot 1-1.25" three shot groups at 100 yards from a rest. my load it 56 grs imr 4350 with a 165 gr nosler BT, thats not a heavy load but will knock the snot out of any deer you shoot.
Leslie - that is a Great photo of your buck & 760 Carbine !!

Hank, I’m a big fan of the Remington pump in rifle and shotgun. It’s just that one’s in like new condition do not cycle very smoothly. They get better with age. Never as smooth as other brands pumps. But it seems like an old dog. Just when they get smooth and perfect they are worn out.

Finding one that is worn in but still has a good bore, bluing and wood is a tall task.

If not for collecting. I would just lop the barrel off on a regular rifle and save a lot of money. Carbines have gotten ridiculous for what they are. BUT I’m still a fan

Hank, I’m a big fan of the Remington pump in rifle and shotgun. It’s just that one’s in like new condition do not cycle very smoothly. They get better with age. Never as smooth as other brands pumps. But it seems like an old dog. Just when they get smooth and perfect they are worn out.

Finding one that is worn in but still has a good bore, bluing and wood is a tall task.

If not for collecting. I would just lop the barrel off on a regular rifle and save a lot of money. Carbines have gotten ridiculous for what they are. BUT I’m still a fan
Altitude, I’m also “a Fan” of 760s — as you can tell. My 1981 760 .30-06 has over 500 rounds thru it and was hunting every deer/bear season until after 2005 when I began to use other rifles - it remained my “go too” for deer/bear at my cabin in the Adirondacks. It is certainly smooth and I don’t know how close it is to “worn out”?….never gave that a thought until reading your Post. Now I have something to worry about - damn !

I’m sure yours is fine. They are iconic in Maine, Upstate NY, Pennsylvania, UP of Michigan back when hunters actually tracked deer.

I’m sure yours is fine. They are iconic in Maine, Upstate NY, Pennsylvania, UP of Michigan back when hunters actually tracked deer.
Yes they are, I’ve read that Remington sold more 760s in Pennsylvania then all other States combined - they are the fasted “follow up shot” other then a semi auto and PA didn’t allow semi autos. The 760 Pump is also far more reliable then their 740/7400 Semi Auto - known as “Jam-O-Matic”.

Thank you!! I saw those! If I cannot find factory carbines I will buy a long barrel and have it cut.. I purposefully gave myself extra time as I knew this would be a tough search, hoping a member or two on here comes through!! Fingers crossed!

One and two will go to same point of impact when settled in on bags. Third is when she starts to get warm and walk, still way under an inch, 4 and five go to an inch to 11/2

I have not seen or heard of a worn out 760 or 7600. The various Remington semi autos have a reputation for wearing out, specifically the receiver where bolt lugs ride, but I haven't heard of that problem in the pumps. I am originally from Pennsylvania, where they are everywhere, and have hunted with guys who still have their 760s built in the 1950s still serving well. There was a guy one one of the forums who claimed to have 15,000 rounds through a 7600, he was a Marine in the 80s and had access to limitless '06 ammunition as a range officer. He eventually shot the barrel out, Remington rebarreled it for free and studied rifle, as it had an extraordinary round count. I have a couple carbines, a 30-06 and 35 Whelen, but they are not for sale.

I have not seen or heard of a worn out 760 or 7600. The various Remington semi autos have a reputation for wearing out, specifically the receiver where bolt lugs ride, but I haven't heard of that problem in the pumps. I am originally from Pennsylvania, where they are everywhere, and have hunted with guys who still have their 760s built in the 1950s still serving well. There was a guy one one of the forums who claimed to have 15,000 rounds through a 7600, he was a Marine in the 80s and had access to limitless '06 ammunition as a range officer. He eventually shot the barrel out, Remington rebarreled it for free and studied rifle, as it had an extraordinary round count. I have a couple carbines, a 30-06 and 35 Whelen, but they are not for sale.
Roklok: interesting about the high round count (15,000) that one 7600 lasted through. I spoke to a gunsmith that specialized in trigger jobs for 760-7600 rifles and asked him if one model was superior to then other? He said in his experience he noticed “No difference”

Well, you guys might be in luck, I own 7 Carbines all .30-06 and 2 non carbines in .35 Whelan (Looks unfired) and .30-06. I also have a small hoard of spare mags. I am thinking of selling a few but, not completely ready yet. I still buy them when I come across a great deal, but that lately is very far and few between. I scour websites, auctions and the obvious rip off gunbroker too. I have not seen a carbine sell for under $1500 in a very long time. When I am ready to cut one or two loose I will post them here. Only reason I may sell a few is to cover cost of a K95 Blaser I am looking for.

Well, you guys might be in luck, I own 7 Carbines all .30-06 and 2 non carbines in .35 Whelan (Looks unfired) and .30-06. I also have a small hoard of spare mags. I am thinking of selling a few but, not completely ready yet. I still buy them when I come across a great deal, but that lately is very far and few between. I scour websites, auctions and the obvious rip off gunbroker too. I have not seen a carbine sell for under $1500 in a very long time. When I am ready to cut one or two loose I will post them here. Only reason I may sell a few is to cover cost of a K95 Blaser I am looking for.
JAGER, you’re Now the “most popular girl at the Prom” — talk about ”760 Envy”…everyone wishes they had Your-Short-Barrels !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QSGAli3189

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?