Wanted 404 Jeffrey Or 470 NE

If Mr. Rowland Ward shows up at no less than 150 yards away, I would have a hard time (I wouldn't even try) making the shot with a DR in .470.
He is looking for a buffalo rifle. Furthest one I ever shot was last year at about 60 yards.

Then he will also need a gun rack for his Lamborghini. :D
Yea you are of course correct again.

He should re-barrel an Arisaka that was dug out of the mud and brought back. He could just get some long deck screws and attach a pieces of 2x4 to increase the LOP. Probably get it all put together under $800 and have a 404 Jeffrey!

Buffalo.....means 400 caliber so 404 Jeff or 416 Rigby.......there will be pg involved . . I would look at 375 H&H, 404 Jeff or 416 Rigby all 3 will do buff and pg with the 375 H&H being the most versatile as an allrounder....forget about the 470 NE......

Two pages, no budget target from the OP.

PM if you'd like, I know where a few examples are in the $30,000-$300,000 price range, and I know where some unusable, unreliable, broken ones are for $4000.

Budget sets the tone for what is the best gun for the money amongst the calibers stated, with the requirement of killing buffalo.

Hint: amongst the three, 416 Rigby rifles will the highest quality at the lowest price of the three choices, all things being equal. (supply/demand)

.404 Jeffery is too hard to find ammo or components
In general you are right. But, if you have enough patience you can still grab components for a reasonable price.

I bought 50 pieces of new norma brass for approx. 300$ last week :)

I would always choose a .404 out of the three mentioned choices...

If you going to hunt 1 maybe 2 buffalo and pg there should only be 1 choice 375 H&H with the right bullet.....

I have 404j aswell as 416 Rigby,450 Rigby
Rigby is NIB cz 550 magnum. Brass,dies,bullets.
404j is unfired Montana elite with engraving and gold inlays with ammo , brass,dies,bullets.
If interested PM me. 450 Rigby in three different brands.
Krish
i have seen pictures of Krish 404J. Beautiful gun!!!!!!

Not all of us.
pat vignette.JPG

:D

Hint: amongst the three, 416 Rigby rifles will the highest quality at the lowest price of the three choices, all things being equal. (supply/demand)

I disagree... The OP did not differentiate which of the 416's he is considering. I would argue the lowest priced of the Classic looking 416's is likely a Winchester M70 in 416 Rem Mag. Even lower cost woukd be a Ruger M77 Hawkeye in 416 Ruger.

It is notable that the OP has 2 posts and not been back... His post with lack of details is reminisce of a Facebook post;)

Build a .404-375 h&h if you like the bullet…
ive been really considering this lately!
I want a Jeff in the worst way but the lack of components is an issue. I am still considering building one and just making it a couple years goal…putting it up on an auction site afterwards;) hahaha

(I speak from a total lack of experience as far as Africa goes…)

Build a .404-375 h&h if you like the bullet…
ive been really considering this lately!
I want a Jeff in the worst way but the lack of components is an issue. I am still considering building one and just making it a couple years goal…putting it up on an auction site afterwards;) hahaha

(I speak from a total lack of experience as far as Africa goes…)
A build is a good idea , it takes a while and you should be able to gather components whilst you wait…mine took about a year all together. Nothing fancy but it works for me.
IMG_2816.jpeg
IMG_2150.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamakatoo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with