Wanted .318 WR Ammunition & Dies

Single Shot .410

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I’m looking for .318 ammo and a die set. If you have any, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Keep an eye on GI too - an ad popped up last week with 100 handloads, virgin brass, and dies for a steal. Was gone the next day.

Good luck! It's an intriguing cartridge.

CH4D had dies recently , as for brass and bullets : good luck finding brass (you can make brass from 30-06 though) and bullets are just as scarce unfortunately.

I had to google .318 WR to discover what it was....
I've been on a quest of sorts to load 8x57j with the .318 diameter bore and got a little excited from the
.318 heading.

Thanks to those who’ve replied or dm’d.

I’ve got brass and dies ordered, but it looks like good bullets aren’t available. While I wait for a run of 250 gr .330, I’d appreciate some advice.

Would .329 200 gr for 8x56R work? Those are available.

Or could/should I try to reduce some 250 gr .338 interlocks that I already have down to .330? Haven’t tried anything like that before and not sure it’s a good idea, but it appears to have been done before without issues.

Have you tried Hawke bullets?

I know people that have bought from them for oddball stuff and they do list the .318 westley richards .330 bullet as one they make.

Attachments

• Bullet Selection | Hawk Bullets.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 43
Yes I called them last week and they said they’d make them “later this winter”—I’m trying to figure out a solution while I wait for those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelMcCullo

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's