Website
www.buckstix.com
Media
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
US - CANADA
Walter Locke & Co, Calcutta 577 EX double rifle - Jones Under-Lever

I recently saw a note on the forum that said "577 Express Double in Classified" ... I looked, but it wasn't there. After a few private messages to the seller, I had it coming to Wisconsin. I jumped on this because I was missing a 577 in my double rifle family, because I sold my 577 ex a couple years ago. The rifle arrived today, and a quick chamber cast shows it has 2-3/4" chambers. (shown next to a loaded cartridge) The gun was fully restored with new wood and a fresh coat of rust-blue. Both wood and metal are 100%, showing little or no use after restoration. Most of the light factory engraving has been muted from the restoration. I may leave it as is, or have a local engraver freshen it, but for now its just fine for shooting.

Specs are:

Unknown maker w/ British Proofs
Jones Under-Lever
Back Action Locks
Rebounding Hammers
30" barrels - full matted rib
1 standing, 2 folding rear site, marked 100, 200, 300
brass bead front site
10 pounds 12 ounces
14" LOP
Metal Butt Plate
sling swivels

and ..... its now cased with an appropriate case label

as always, your comments are most welcome.

http://www.buckstix.com/buckpics/577chamber-cast.jpg

577chamber-cast.jpg

http://www.buckstix.com/buckpics/CALCUTTA-577ex.jpg

CALCUTTA-577ex.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lenny45218

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?