Vz-24 Questions

The caliber really isn't the issue - it is the length of the cartridge. I have one that feeds certain .30-06 cartridges, and hangs up un others when the projectile catches on the side of the action coming out of the feed rails. Filing on feed rails is a tenuous practice - the tiniest bit too much and you are screwed. VZ24s are looked at for 7mm-08, .358 WIN, 8x57, .308 WIN. I use a Turk Mauser for .30-06 length cartridges.
Oh , yes. They call it COL , right ?
 
You win the prize! So, as an example - if I load a light round nose bullet (200 grain .35 caliber in the Whelen) my COL will be much shorter than if I use the 250 grain Spire point. One can play with seating depth, but I think this illustrates how one bullet could hang-up coming out of the magazine and feed rails?
 
You can have them made up for the 375H&H or 404J but that requires a bit of magazine and feed rail work.
 
You win the prize! So, as an example - if I load a light round nose bullet (200 grain .35 caliber in the Whelen) my COL will be much shorter than if I use the 250 grain Spire point. One can play with seating depth, but I think this illustrates how one bullet could hang-up coming out of the magazine and feed rails?
Worst offender here are Monolithic meplat brass Solids Vin the same weight as the fmj bullet. So a 500 gr .458 Monolithic will be longer than a 500 gr .458 FMJ. So the Monolithic will take up more powder space and be more difficult to chamber in tight actions :)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,570,744
Members
169,005
Latest member
AnneUrban8
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top