Vic Falls Airport

Mountaineer

AH fanatic
Joined
May 31, 2021
Messages
905
Reaction score
1,268
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Has anyone transited through the Vic Falls airport with rifles. Also does know if Ethiopian airlines and Discover have a baggage agreement so I wouldn’t have to touch my rifle. Thanks
 
Been through there twice with a rifle and flew on Ethiopian both times. No idea on "Discover". The Vic Falls custom guys are slow but I never had any problems . The first time I went they hit me up for a "tip" and I gave them a few dollars. The second time I told them to kiss my ass. Didn't seem to affect me getting through either way. I would recommend the latter approach.
 
I had no trouble transiting through both in and out this May via Ethiopian. $5 made things smooth on the way in, not necessary on the way out. Very small terminal, so no need for an arrival service, in my opinion.
 
I always give $5 to airlink rifle handlers. Never had any problems. My hunting partner won't tip them and on 2 of our trips he had problems, delays that I did not have. $5 tip is well worth my avoiding unnecessary conversations with airline or govt bureaucrats.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,570,470
Members
168,889
Latest member
alababiv1976
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top