AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
Well its 2 AM and I am up going through the readjustment jet lag process, so thought I would start my report.

Have been trying to get a Cape Buffalo hunt for my wife together since 2019. Booked a hunt in Mozambique with another outfitter for the 2020 season.
Mr COVID jacked up the world that year. Moved the booking to 2021 and had family issues and unable to go so cancelled and outfitter refunded my deposit.
We met Jaco at the 2022 DSC show and my wife and I talked with Kwalata and several other outfitters working in Mozambique. With my wife having back surgery scheduled at the end of 2022, we wrote off any hunting trips for 2023 so she could recover and get back in shape for a buffalo safari. At the 2023 DSC show we booked with Kwalata for September 2024. Lot of work and preparation went into getting ready. Booked our travel with Gracy Travel and waited for the calendar to roll around to 30 AUG 2024. A very early drive up to the airport and we were on our way. All our flights were on time and had no problems. Spent the night in City Lodge upon arrival in South Africa. Caught the Airlink flight to Pemba where we were met by the charter flight crew on the tarmac. They assisted with the gun paperwork and customs. 45 minutes later we were in the air. Landed on the dirt runway beside the camp in Niassa L9 block. Jaco and AJ met us along with the crew. My hunting buddy Gary and his son were hunting with Aj and my wife and I were hunting with Jaco. My report will be a bit different than my usual chronological day by day report. First and foremost my priority was for my wife to fulfill her dream of a cape buffalo hunt. As much as I want to tell the buffalo hunt in detail it is her story to tell and the spoiler is she is putting together a submission for the Rigby award contest. I am very proud of her! She took a proper 13 year old dagga boy. I will encourage her to also do a hunt report once she has her writeup submitted to Rigby. She may not have the oldest or ugliest buffalo but you will remember her story.

Hunt Location: L9 block Niassa Game reserve
Dates: 1-11 September 2024
Outfitter: Kwalata Safaris
PH: Jaco Strauss
Rifles used: My wife Interarms 375 H&H, Myself Krieghoff Classic 500/416
Animals seen: Elephant, Cape Buffalo, zebra, waterbuck, impala, bushbuck, red diker, Sharpes Grysbok, Sunni, warthog, bush pig, croc, sable, baboon, civiet, genet, kudu plus several more I am sure i am forgetting and to tired to track down my notes.
Animals on our hunt list: My wife Cape Buffalo, Niassa Wildebeest, Bushbuck
Myself Hyena, Sunni, Red Diker, Sharpes Grysbok
Animals taken: My wife Cape Buffalo Myself Zebra, bush pig, Sunni, Red Diker
Lessons Learned: Will detail at the end of the report
Would we hunt with Kwalata again, and or reccomend to others. A VERY LARGE YES!!!! and have already recommended to several of my friends who called me in the last day.

I will start this off by saying the the entire booking process, information exchange to a very sucessful completion of the safari was handled in a first class manner and everyone in the Kwalata team was a pleasure to work with.

More to follow as i am headed back to get some more sleep.

Almost spit my coffee out when I first read Animals on our hunt list..my wife.
Looking forward to your report!

HH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VanW691009

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles