lhook7

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
DSC Lifetime Member
Hunted
Namibia and Zimbabwe
Verney Carron Azure round body 470NE. 25” barrels, flip up front sight and single rear sight with gold line, ejectors, English case color hardening, Prince of Wales pistol grip and splinter forend. The rib is dovetailed for the Docter Optic/Noblex sight shown in the picture and the sight is included. $17,950 shipped to your FFL. This is listed on another site.

Note: I zoomed in on a couple of pictures and there is a piece of lint on the barrels that looks like a scratch, it is not a scratch and I can text more pictures if needed.

IMG-0234.jpg
IMG-0235.jpg
IMG-0237.jpg
IMG-0241.jpg
IMG-0243.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you are new, you might want to tell us about your self.

There have been scams here before.You have a low post count so more information might help you with the sale.

Hi doc. No scammer here. I’m new to this site, but have been involved in African hunting for about 20 years. I know numerous people on this site personally. I have been on three episodes of Hornaday’s Dark and Dangerous; one of the episodes was me taking a tuskless cow with this very rifle.

Beautiful rifle. Are you open to any trades?

Sorry, I’m not looking for trades. I’m thinning the herd at this point.

Verney Carron sure makes a fine rifle! I'm sure you will find someone interested.

Hi doc. No scammer here. I’m new to this site, but have been involved in African hunting for about 20 years. I know numerous people on this site personally. I have been on three episodes of Hornaday’s Dark and Dangerous; one of the episodes was me taking a tuskless cow with this very rifle.
Really nice rifle in a classic style,POW grip color case hardened, elegant.

To enable someone here to spend money, a little more information:

Round count
Length of pull
Accuracy with preferred load
Game taken

Good Luck With The Sale.

Rare catch, .. beautiful VC.

You have a very nice double there! Some one will get a great rifle.

One thing I personally love about the V/C is how easy they are to open and close. Most of our doubles take some force to open/close but my V/C was like butter and snapped like a bank vault.

To my understanding, yes. Having owned a number of doubles and handled most of the others, V/C is better than most in that regard. They also handle very well like a good bird gun.

Gorgeous rifle. Bound to make someone here very happy indeed.

Really nice rifle in a classic style,POW grip color case hardened, elegant.

To enable someone here to spend money, a little more information:

Round count
Length of pull
Accuracy with preferred load
Game taken

Good Luck With The Sale.
Good point. Round count is under 200, accuracy is fine, but I only needed it to shoot minute of elephant, so I have never been a person who tries to really dial it in with big bore dangerous game loads. The rifle has been on one hunt and took a tuskless cow and a baboon. I’ll measure the LOP when I get home this evening, but I am 5’11” if that helps.

Not to discredit any mfr, & I've never hunted with the VC

They're balanced, are sold & used around the world .. but they are unique. That signature look, in a world where everything starts to look the same after a while. And priced well.

Amen! ;)

For length of pull I’m coming up with 15 1/8” to the front trigger using a regular measuring tape. About an inch less to the rear trigger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarinaWyan

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]